• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MoFlo

Hall-of-Famer
RCF Honored Elder
Reaction score
Ugh, ridiculous.

Not a good week for the NFL

TMZ doin' work.

Here's to hoping our Cavs are squeaky clean... :eek4dance: (Ya know, other than "African" comments...)

So will this fall under the domestic abuse clause?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...kless-or-negligent-injury-to-a-child/related/

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 12, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has reportedly been indicted in Houston.

Fox 26 in Houston reports that Peterson was indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child.

Peterson’s Houston-based lawyer, Rusty Hardin, declined to comment when contacted by FOX 26.

Peterson missed practice on Thursday and the Vikings did not explain why, although they did say he was not injured. Peterson was back at practice today, and Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Peterson gave no indication anything was wrong and was laughing and joking at the team facility.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Peterson will now have to turn himself in to Texas authorities, which makes his status for Sunday’s game against the Patriots unclear.

Just a horrible week for the NFL.

What an idiot. I feel that ever since the Ray Rice situaton had been opened...the NFL may now have a rash that is sporadically spreading and is only going to get worse. Going from owners (Irsay with alcohol, Jones with sexual harrassment/assult) to players (Bell/Blount, Gordon, ect. with pot, Rice
((the piece of shit, that he is)) and now Peterson attacking his kid)...and these people are trying to be "role models"? Haha..wow. The NFL is becoming a joke...along with the flag happy shit too. Hoculi is by far the worst ref ever...but he's not the point I am trying to make here.

The perfect end to the worst PR work week in NFL history...

He has deleted both tweets. Stay classic Roddy.

Haha I love roddy whites tweets. People need to learn to take a joke. We're in the golden age of over sensitivity and retarded amount of political correctness

Haha I love roddy whites tweets. People need to learn to take a joke. We're in the golden age of over sensitivity and retarded amount of political correctness

Athletes/celebrities need to learn about when to joke & that people are going to criticize them over it, especially over such a serious issue. It wasn't the time, especially when the end of his tweet supported Peterson.

Not to mention, it was a stupid joke that should've never been made with how serious the issue is.

Last edited:
Personally, I think it's fine to discipline your kid, even spank them. But if you start drawing blood, especially on a kid as young as Peterson's, you've crossed the line.

And regardless, you shouldn't be beating a four year old with a fucking switch.

I wonder where the Jacksons would be right now if they had TMZ back then.

Michael Jackson learned to moonwalk to avoid his father's punches.

Athletes/celebrities need to learn about when to joke & that people are going to criticize them over it, especially over such a serious issue. It wasn't the time, especially when the end of his tweet supported Peterson.

Not to mention, it was a stupid joke that should've never been made with how serious the issue is.

That's the thing though...to him and many others this wasn't a serious issue. Many African Americans that hear this story are literally asking themselves why this even is a story. He disciplined his child with a switch...big deal. My parents beat me to discipline me when I was younger and as a result I matured into a really respectful young man.

I know the child is 4 years old and some may be asking, "what could a 4 year old possibly do to deserve this type of beating" but that's not the point. The point is when a child does something wrong, they need some type of punishment or discipline to let them know that that behavior is unacceptable. The fact that Adrian uses a switch on his child isn't a news story. Many African Americans use the same form of punishment to discipline their children...

And before someone points out "how severe" the injuries look...they're not. That's what happens when you get whipped by a switch. All he did was discipline his child and I see no problem with that or what Roddy White tweeted because, imo and the opinion of many African Americans, this whole story is a joke.

And I hate speaking for "African Americans" because who am I to speak on behalf of so many people but this story is being ridiculed so much through Black Social Media that I feel like I can speak for the vast majority.

The vast majority of good people in this world aren't that way because they got the shit kicked out of them with a stick. Just because it's part of a culture doesn't mean it has a place in a first world country outside of the 1930s. We are advanced far enough as a society that parents are equipped to teach their children to be good people without physically beating toddlers.

So for that reason, black social media can go fuck itself on this one.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."