• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Alerts not always triggering

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Man Called X

Resident asshole
Reaction score
I know if its from a poster you have on ignore (quoted post or your given a rating in some way) that you won't be notified because you've previously placed that user on your ignore list.

Not sure if that helps at all.

I think I cracked it. The program notifies you of each new alert if you are actively using the site. If you are dormant, it summarizes threads with activity, by not every detail of your alerts in the thread.

It is very different than our old software. I miss the days of, "You have 24 new reputation thanks".

That's weird, because I was actively on here. Got the alert for one like, then noticed there were actually 3. Oh well, I just noticed that it seemed odd to me.

Same, X. This has been happening to me for awhile now. Particularly while using my phone.

I think I cracked it. The program notifies you of each new alert if you are actively using the site. If you are dormant, it summarizes threads with activity, by not every detail of your alerts in the thread.

It is very different than our old software. I miss the days of, "You have 24 new reputation thanks".
Yeah, I feel the same way. Was kinda fun coming here and seeing a big chunk of "Thanks". Now you could get thanked 20 times and just get one notification.

Any way to tweak that in the software?

Not that I'm aware of... however, we've been having some issues with the new software as of late. I've got the guys at Nimbus working on a few things.

I no longer get a notification that someone quoted my post. Is that turned off?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."