• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Am I nuts?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voodoo

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
Seems like some want to trade the BKN pick somehow for DJ. Some don't. Heck, maybe the Clippers don't even want TT at all.

Everyone knows we need a true center. May not help us against GS but certainly against most teams. Big teams just kill us inside. Love needs to be back at the 4 for obvious reasons. Sure he can play the 5 in certain small ball lineups but this can't continue the way it is with Love starting at the 5.

We don't necessarily need a 5 that can score a bunch of points. (sure, if we can get Boogie for the BKN pick, I'm in). We need a 5 that can rebound a little, defend a little, and at least somewhat provide an interior presence inside to alter or block some shots.

Personally, I think TT kills this team. We are virtually playing 4 on 5 offensively when he is on the floor. Yes, his motor has picked up lately, but he's still not the high energy offensive rebounding machine from 2 years ago. Plus, he has improved ZERO percent offensively since he joined the league. He is what he is... and that's mediocre at best. And on this team he's useless. Need floor spacers not guys that can't shoot outside 3 feet...

The guy I think might help is a big dude, goes straight up defensively as well as anyone, can actually shoot decent up to 15 feet, is a good foul shooter, and fits perfectly salary wise in a trade for TT. Both players have 2 years left on their contracts after this season.

In this scenario, we get a true center while still holding on to the BKN pick for future or other needs. I would definitely do this trade if the other team would as well. I would also make other changes to the starting lineup.

Tristan Thompson for Timofey Mozgov. Yep, bring back Mozerati.

Starting lineup 1- time to send JR to the bench as he looks completely done. Crowder has no business starting either. In this lineup, LBJ starts as a 2. This lineup gives us a little more length defensively.

Moz
Love
Green
Lebron
IT

Key players off the bench - Wade, Korver, Crowder, JR and Frye. Maybe Rose sees a little time when Wade doesn't play. Frye needs to play more...

Not opposed to this lineup either...

Moz
Love
Lebron
Wade
IT

Same bench except Green instead of Wade...

How about this off the wall idea?

So your idea to save the season is to trade for Timo?

So your idea to save the season is to trade for Timo?

Ummmm.... no.

My idea is just step 1 of an idea to help our interior defense. TT blows and has shown ZERO offensive improvement in many years in the league. Timo would at least provide some length and size to alter some shots inside.

Steps 2,3, and possibly 4 would be to get rid of JR, IT, and maybe Crowder. Need some better defenders and players who actually want to give out some defensive effort.

I like the idea of getting Kemba... even if that means taking on Batum.

Ummmm.... no.

My idea is just step 1 of an idea to help our interior defense. TT blows and has shown ZERO offensive improvement in many years in the league. Timo would at least provide some length and size to alter some shots inside.

Steps 2,3, and possibly 4 would be to get rid of JR, IT, and maybe Crowder. Need some better defenders and players who actually want to give out some defensive effort.

I like the idea of getting Kemba... even if that means taking on Batum.

But the problem with this is Timo is bad. REALLY BAD. He's so bad the Nets are willingly playing Tyler Zeller and Jarrett Allen over him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."