• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Amar'e Stoudemire Appreciation Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
With the retirement of Amar'e Stoudemire, I thought it fitting to have a tribute thread similar to what I did for Shawn Marion.​

amarescream.0.jpg

Amar'e Stoudemire
Born November 16th, 1982

Height: 6 ft 10 in
Weight: 245 lbs
High School: Cypress Creek in Orlando, Florida
Drafted: Round 1, Pick 9 in 2002 by the Phoenix Suns
Pro Career: 2002-2016

Career History
Phoenix Suns (2002-2010)
New York Knicks (2010-2015)
Dallas Mavericks (2015)
Miami Heat (2015-2016)

Amare+Stoudemire+New+York+Knicks+v+Charlotte+XYIytgvj0uql.jpg

Final Career Statistics
18.9 PPG / 15994 total (106th all-time)
7.8 RPG / 6632 total (127th all-time)
1.2 BPG / 1054 total (79th all-time)
53.7% Field Goal Percentage (29th all-time)
92.52 Win Shares (92nd all-time)
21.8 PER (34th all-time)
253 double-doubles in 846 games (29.9%)

sunsdraftpicks_2002_3stoude.jpg

Rookie Year with Phoenix

13.5 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 0.8 SPG, 1.1 BPG, 47.2 FG%, 16.2 PER in 31.3 MPG
Beat out Yao Ming, Caron Butler, and Manu Ginobili for the 2003 Rookie of the Year Award

2004-2005 Playoffs

29.9 PPG, 10.7 RPG, 2.0 BPG, 53.6 FG%, 27.6 PER in 15 Games

Amare+Stoudemire+Phoenix+Suns+v+San+Antonio+Wq_1IXAYboYl.jpg

STAT's Greatest Season: 2007-2008
25.2 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 2.1 BPG, 59.0 FG%, 80.5 FT%, 27.6 PER

Finished 6th in MVP voting behind Kobe Bryant (winner), Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, LeBron James, and Dwight Howard

Stoudemire's Prime: 2003-2012 w/ PHX & NYK
22.8 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 1.5 BPG, 0.9 SPG, 34.9 MPG, 53.9 FG%, 77.3 FT%, 23.0 PER

508086593_CHA_DAL_BOLLINGER0419.jpg

Career Accomplishments
6x NBA All-Star (2005, 2007-2011)

All-NBA First Team (2007)
4x All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2008, 2010-2011)
NBA Rookie of the Year (2003)

amare-stoudemire-nba-los-angeles-clippers-miami-heat-768x0.jpg

Although commonly overlooked, Amar'e Stoudemire is one of the greatest offensive bigmen of the 21st century. He along with Steve Nash formed one of the best pick and roll duos in the recent era for the Phoenix Suns from 2004 to 2010. A six-time all-star, Stoudemire was noted for his offensive efficiency along with his enforceful nature on defense. Despite his fantastic prime, STAT suffered from knee injuries that shortened his prime and ultimately led him to retire at age 33. Similar to other stars in his era such as Tracy McGrady and Brandon Roy, one will be left wondering just how great Stoudemire could have been if not hampered by injuries. All in all, Stoudemire definitely will be remembered as one of the best big men in the 2000's era.

Last edited:
I also take requests for more of these kinds of threads, but I'd prefer retired players or guys way past their prime but still active (Pierce, KG, etc.).

I was expecting a different type of appreciation.

Amar'e Stoudemire is the reason I, and I'm assuming many others, joined RCF. I am forever grateful to that man. For without Amar'e Stoudemire, and the tantalizing rumors that W&G supplied us with in those days of glory, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy this site for as long as I have.

Thank you to Amar'e Stoudemire- the greatest Cavalier that was always supposed to be, but never was.

I was expecting a different type of appreciation.

Amar'e Stoudemire is the reason I, and I'm assuming many others, joined RCF. I am forever grateful to that man. For without Amar'e Stoudemire, and the tantalizing rumors that W&G supplied us with in those days of glory, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy this site for as long as I have.

Thank you to Amar'e Stoudemire- the greatest Cavalier that was always supposed to be, but never was.

I also appreciate the countless hours spent in the Amar'e safari and the countless other safaris that it spawned after it. It's crazy how different this site would've been if Amar'e Stoudemire had never existed.

A previous employer had a business meeting with him.

He said all he completely ignored everything they talked about prior to the meeting and only asked about where to find girls in San Diego

The things that always amaze me about amare are how he struggled through multiple high-school teams but still managed to shine and the fact he had a 32 inch waist. That's why he was a poor defender he never had the frame to hold his own on the block

Amare, you won't be missed. This dude tried to cure his knee ailments by bathing in red wine. I rarely miss mental midgets.

Could have had an amazing career if he hadn't gotten hurt so early on. Averaged 26 ppg on 62% True Shooting at age 22 before losing a season to injuries.

He still managed to come back as a perennial AS, but I think he could have been even better.

The Nash-STAT Suns were one of my all-time favorite teams to watch.

Still a little salty that the Lakers won that WCF in 2010 cause Kobe air balled so badly that Artest was in position to put it back up for a layup. Not to mention the Horry hip check. This team suffered through some really bad luck in the 2000's.

I don't give a shit about Amare Stoudemire
Actually I take that back... I met Stoudemire about 2 years ago at a function here in DC and he was perhaps the most down to earth, chill, real star NBA player I've ever met... Cultured, articulate, well spoken and polite....

So I'll save that "don't give a shit" line for when the Draymond Loses An Eye or Riley Says The NBA Is Rigged Against The Heat threads are made...

The Nash-STAT Suns were one of my all-time favorite teams to watch.

Still a little salty that the Lakers won that WCF in 2010 cause Kobe air balled so badly that Artest was in position to put it back up for a layup. Not to mention the Horry hip check. This team suffered through some really bad luck in the 2000's.

Especially the Spurs-Suns rivalry was great. Duncan vs. Amare was exciting to watch.

He's actually playing in Israel next year, for the team he partly owns

He wanted yo play for Phoenix this year but the interest was not mutual

Reactions: Lee
He wanted yo play for Phoenix this year but the interest was not mutual

Really? Got a source? Phoenix might've refused his request to retire in Phoenix too if that's the case.

Really? Got a source? Phoenix might've refused his request to retire in Phoenix too if that's the case.

I know Amare lives here, so wanting to return makes sense.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."