• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Amare Stoudemire - Lights Out

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zone

whatever
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread with trades that could land us Amare. It might be wishful thinking, but I think he would put us over the top. Here's my idea:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...981~556~849&teams=23~21~5~23~21~4~5&te=&cash=

CLE trades Wally, AV, picks (and as a last resort Hickson)
CLE receives Stoudemire, Kenny Thomas
Why: I feel the Cavs biggest hole is a low-post scoring PF/C and STAT would be perfect. We also get back a big expiring contract that runs out in time for the summer of 2010. It could prove to be valuable at the deadline next year, or possibly in the 2009 summer.

PHX trades Stoudemire
PHX receives Hinrich, AV, picks
Why: It's been rumored that Amare may eventually be traded. They get a replacement for Stoudemire to put next to Shaq for the next 2 seasons, as well as a possible replacement for Nash should he leave via FA next summer or thru a trade this year or next. They would also get a couple of draft choices (although it wouldn't be surprising to see Sarver make Kerr sell them off).

SAC trades Miller, Thomas
SAC receives Gooden, Wally
Why: Salary dump, they also receive a young big who they could choose to keep.

CHI trades Hinrich, Gooden
CHI receives Brad Miller
Why: They get the Center they've been rumored to be seeking, and salary flexibility in future years to retain Ben Gordon or clear cap space for 2010 while remaining competitive.

Re: Amare Stoudemire

Rapes every team but us... let's stop kidding ourselves about Amare please.

I would love Amare. Problem is I think he is more selfish of a player than we need.

1. No one other then us would do it.

2. Amare wouldnt want to be with us, he already said he wants to be the star player, the go to guy, and we obviously have Lebron so Amare can't so, yea he is a selfish basketball player who i wouldnt want

I think Amare would be fine playing next to LeBron James, seeming how he's guaranteed about the 5 NBA Finals as long as they stay together.

But of course, he's so selfish we wouldn't want him. :rolleyes:

I'd love to have Amare Stoudemire, but reread what I just said and tell me that doesn't make you laugh.

I guess we'll just make this thread a "come up with highly unlikely all-star trades"....here's mine:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...977~2010&teams=5~28~28~28~18~28~5~5&te=&cash=

I'd take either (in the rare event they were offered)....Bosh is both a better fit, and possibly more available than Amare, based on Toronto's negligible chances of winning anything before Bosh becomes a free agent in 2010.

~Lyuokdea

PHX already has a Varejao-type player. :chuckles:

give up on getting amare and start praying JJ turns into a poor man's amare.

Why give up on getting Amare? Is it unlikely? Yes. Could it happen, sure. I hate referencing the Gasol trade, but who knew they'd take what they took? You never know what's going through a GM's mind unless you are that person.

Robin Lopez is far away from being an AV type.

I watch a lot of the Suns games (live in Phoenix) and think it's just a matter of time before some of these guys (Nash, Amare) blow their tops. We still have almost 2 months before the deadline. Things should get interesting soon.

Why give up on getting Amare? Is it unlikely? Yes. Could it happen, sure.

I think I lost hope for all new members when I saw this. Are there people that delusional out there?

Trade ideas for Amare Stoudemire are only good for one thing, torturing yourself. It'll never happen. If it does, I'll be happy and proud to let you say "I told you so" as much as you want to me. In the meantime, I'm done making the case that we won't get Amare. I think history can make a better case than I could.

every other team besides the cavs would be stupid to do this deal

I think Amare would be happier on a 20 win team where he's the headliner than a championship contender where he's second fiddle.

And while he occasionally has monster games he also has a little bit of the Drew Gooden space cadet thing in him.

If Amare wants to be the star player and that is his motivation when choosing a team then he is going to be in for a rude awakening because he will never win a Championship.

Phoenix just traded for Jason Richardson for a reason you know!

They aren't going to trade Amare when they're obviously going for a playoff push this year.

People are acting like they know the guy. I remember Mo getting a bad rep from Buck's media people. It was said that he was not a good teammate and was very selfish. Look what happen when he came here, the guy just wants to do what he can for this team can win.

I remember weeks back, Amare reportedly saying he would like to play with Lebron or Bosh. So i'm pretty sure he knows he would share the spot light. And just imagine what kind of defender he can become playing under MB. I would give up Andy and JJ for him in a heartbeat. I think he would become more of a beast playing with Bron and Mo. The guy doesn't need 20-25 shots to get his because he shoots such a high percentage. And imo i wouldn't see nothing wrong with another player coming in getting 18-20 per if he is that productive. I'm sure Bron wouldn't mind it either, just adds to his chance of becoming a triple double machine imo.

I just think its a no brainer if we had a shot to get him, he is only 26 and we would definitely be the favorites for years and years to come if we got him and Bron locked up long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."