• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Andre Iguodala on the market?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

abuC

Sixth Man
Reaction score
So what's it going to take to get the Houston Rockets' Tracy McGrady and his $23 million expiring contract?

It's going to take a deal involving, as its main piece, 76ers swingman Andre Iguodala.

According to a source close to the situation, the Houston Rockets have said they would only consider shipping McGrady to Philly if the Sixers "knocked the Rockets over" with the amount of talent they included in the deal.

This source said the Rockets have made it clear they will not -- in any way -- consider trading McGrady to the Sixers for power forward Elton Brand ($14-15 million this year, 3 years left after this one) and center Samuel Dalembert ($12 million, one year left after this one). According to this source, the Sixers are trying very hard to unload Dalembert (not a surprise) and Brand (not a huge surprise, either).

The problem is not many NBA teams are willing to take on money right now. This source named only three NBA teams possibly willing (Houston, Dallas, and Cleveland).

According to this source, the Rockets have expressed interest in a deal involving Iguodala, but he must be paired with better, younger talent than Dalembert. (Read: a deal involving possibly Lou Williams, Thaddeus Young, Marreese Speights, etc.).

Again, the Rockets are willing to take on money, but it'd have to be a special package and a 3rd team might even need to be involved. This source said this would be the kind of deal where both teams needed approval from ownership because of the amount of money and players involved.

The source also said that the Rockets and Sixers have not talked in "more than a week", making a deal unlikely, but said any deal involving Iguodala "has a chance."

So there's the latest on the NBA's most talked about trading chip: Tracy McGrady.

The problem with the Sixers making a deal involving Iguodala and young talent is that they'd be getting rid of some good young guys and remain with Brand and Dalembert, which is sort of the opposite of the point of making such a trade.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...dala_would_be_price_of_obtaining_McGrady.html

Sounds like you can get Iguodala if you take on Brand or Sam.

I think you are misinterpreting this article.

Houston is saying that "if you include Iguodala in a deal for T-Mac, we're all ears"

I don't think this is saying that Iguodala is being shopped. Basically, most teams will want Iguodala (or Speights, Williams, Young, etc) if they are to take Brand or Dalembert off of PHI.

I'll take both lqtm.

It'd be interesting to see if Iggy came here how him and Bron could work together. They are both known for dunking more than shooting, but if the floor isn't quite as spaced as it would be with Parker out there I'm sure it could be made up on the defensive end with LBJ and AI locking down the wing.

But it's only a pipe-dream.

I think you are misinterpreting this article.

Houston is saying that "if you include Iguodala in a deal for T-Mac, we're all ears"

I don't think this is saying that Iguodala is being shopped. Basically, most teams will want Iguodala (or Speights, Williams, Young, etc) if they are to take Brand or Dalembert off of PHI.

I checked the 76ers board, they seem to think the Sixers are actually mulling over trading Iguodala, a lot of them want him gone. Can't look past the fact the Sixers are 9-23 with Iguodala as their "franchise" player.

I checked the 76ers board, they seem to think the Sixers are actually mulling over trading Iguodala, a lot of them want him gone. Can't look past the fact the Sixers are 9-23 with Iguodala as their "franchise" player.

That's interesting. I wouldn't doubt it....Philly fans aren't the most appreciative of their players. If Delonte West played for PHI, they'd probably be calling for his head.

Last edited:
AI would be a great pick up, and Dalembert is still a pretty young 7 footer despite the contract.

Dalembert is a bum. I wouldnt take any of Philly's poison pills

I don't see how we are supposed to get a good young player without taking a bum in the process...

I don't see how we are supposed to get a good young player without taking a bum in the process...

See Maurice Williams trade. Ferry would have to demand an unprotected no.1 in the deal to make it palatable.

See Maurice Williams trade. Ferry would have to demand an unprotected no.1 in the deal to make it palatable.

Its a good point, but the circumstances definitely seem a little different.

Milwaukee was convinced that the Mo - Redd back court was a failure. Not to mention it wasn't the first time that Milwaukee just completely gave up a player they didn't want anymore.

Andre is earning his pay check, I wouldn't see them moving him unless it got rid of Brand/Dalembert. I don't doubt that Iggy would probably be the best player that LeBron has played with in his career.

Iggy/Brand for Z/Wally(13mil). Get it done Ferry!

Not gonna happen......gonna take West and/or JJ as well when you throw in Iggy. I wouldn't doubt a better deal comes up for PHI if they end up trading Iggy in any deal with Brand/Bert.

Iggy is a pipe dream at best, but I can't help but let my imagination run with intrest. With Iggy we'd finally have that player at the two that would be LeBron's Pippen, or close to it.

IF AI2 is in play with Brand or Sammy D, how do you not trade Z, Wally, and Hickson to get that deal done?

They'd certainly buyout Z as well.

I'd love AI2 with Mo and LBJ.

IF AI2 is in play with Brand or Sammy D, how do you not trade Z, Wally, and Hickson to get that deal done?

They'd certainly buyout Z as well.

I'd love AI2 with Mo and LBJ.

Oh, you do that trade for sure.....I just find it hard to believe that's all it would take....notwithstanding a better deal from another team.

Personally, I'd rather have Jamison/Butler over Brand/Iggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."