• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Any Victor Oladipo new scenery targets out there?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bigfigga12

Rookie
Reaction score
As we all know and have seen countless examples, sometimes a change of scenery for a young player works out best for everyone.

This happens in particular when that player typically goes from a role player on a team to the focal point on the next. Oladipo is a most recent, perfect example to this scenario.

I think the Cavs present this type of atmosphere similar to the Pacers did for Oladipo for another similar young talent.

One player I’d look deep into the medicals on as this type of situation would be Jabari Parker of the Bucks.

He’s a restricted free agent, and he made less than 5 million last season. The Bucks have reportedly been willing to move Parker for awhile now, which is puzzling considering how high they were on him when they selected him #2 overall a few years back.

Many believe Parker just isn’t the same player he was pre injury, but I think the little I’ve watched him post injury, he absolutely shows flashes of being the same type of player. To me, he just looks a little lost in his role. Makes sense considering he got drafted to be the man by a horrible Bucks team and now is not the focal point on a top team in the East as of present.

I wonder what the Bucks would want for Parker? In order to acquire Parker, the Bucks would have to sign him to an extension I believe in order for the Cavs to trade for him. The Cavs obviously can’t just put an offer in for them to match being Over the cap.

I wonder if the Cavs have some pieces the Bucks would be interested in for a playoff push such as Korver, and not 1st round picks the Cavs neither don’t have nor should/would give up for Parker anyways. I’d even consider a Rodney Hood Parker swap for both’s Change of scenery.

Thoughts?? Just spit balling here. Don’t kill me on this.

To pick another guy from the same draft, I think Otto Porter could surprise some people if given the opportunity to be the #1 option somewhere.
I watch him all the time... He could be devestating as a catch and shoot but his overall game is not worthy of a #1

I wouldn’t really use Oladipo as the benchmark either because he was really talented and didn’t come out of nowhere.

A unique opportunity for him to go home and to remove himself from the hell that is playing alongside Russell Westbrook..

I can see a couple other free agent guys enhancing their games if given other opportunities. Alex Len being one as well as Montrezl Harrell..

I think they could become impact guys but nowhere near what Oladipo did.

I watch him all the time... He could be devestating as a catch and shoot but his overall game is not worthy of a #1

I wouldn’t really use Oladipo as the benchmark either because he was really talented and didn’t come out of nowhere.

A unique opportunity for him to go home and to remove himself from the hell that is playing alongside Russell Westbrook..

I can see a couple other guys enhancing their games if given other opportunities. Alex Len being one as well as Montrezl Harrell..

I think they could become impact guys but nowhere near what Oladipo did.

I don't think it's likely that Porter will take the leap Oladipo did. But playing next to Wall (and Beal), I think he's trapped in a 3&D role the same way Oladipo was in OKC. He has some solid ballhandling/creating skills, but rarely gets to put them to use. I'm not generally in favor of reloading and trying to make the playoffs this year, but if we go that route, trading Love and Korver for Porter, filler, and a future first would be an interesting option. Just my 2 cents.

I think maybe the best realistic chance the Cavs have at building around a younger superstar would be trading for CJ McCullom. He is a local kid who graduated from Canton Glenoak. I live in Canton and it was openly discussed at Kosta Kofous’s basketball camp that both he and McCollum wouldn’t mind at some point to play for the Cavs. Now granted this was before Lebron left... but maybe a Lebron exit would be even more enticing to be the center point of the franchise. Portland on paper appears to be a helluva match with the Cavs of the idea of swapping Love for McCollum is brought up. Love is from Oregon himself so this trade would literally be sending both stars home. The Lilliard CJ pairing hasn’t worked so maybe a more dominant front court player in Love May play better off Lilliard than the McCollum pairing has. Again....spit balling here.

I don't think it's likely that Porter will take the leap Oladipo did. But playing next to Wall (and Beal), I think he's trapped in a 3&D role the same way Oladipo was in OKC. He has some solid ballhandling/creating skills, but rarely gets to put them to use. I'm not generally in favor of reloading and trying to make the playoffs this year, but if we go that route, trading Love and Korver for Porter, filler, and a future first would be an interesting option. Just my 2 cents.
The only way I'd be interested in the "reloading" route is if we get our full pick back from Atlanta.

As we all know and have seen countless examples, sometimes a change of scenery for a young player works out best for everyone.

This happens in particular when that player typically goes from a role player on a team to the focal point on the next. Oladipo is a most recent, perfect example to this scenario.

I think the Cavs present this type of atmosphere similar to the Pacers did for Oladipo for another similar young talent.

One player I’d look deep into the medicals on as this type of situation would be Jabari Parker of the Bucks.

He’s a restricted free agent, and he made less than 5 million last season. The Bucks have reportedly been willing to move Parker for awhile now, which is puzzling considering how high they were on him when they selected him #2 overall a few years back.

Many believe Parker just isn’t the same player he was pre injury, but I think the little I’ve watched him post injury, he absolutely shows flashes of being the same type of player. To me, he just looks a little lost in his role. Makes sense considering he got drafted to be the man by a horrible Bucks team and now is not the focal point on a top team in the East as of present.

I wonder what the Bucks would want for Parker? In order to acquire Parker, the Bucks would have to sign him to an extension I believe in order for the Cavs to trade for him. The Cavs obviously can’t just put an offer in for them to match being Over the cap.

I wonder if the Cavs have some pieces the Bucks would be interested in for a playoff push such as Korver, and not 1st round picks the Cavs neither don’t have nor should/would give up for Parker anyways. I’d even consider a Rodney Hood Parker swap for both’s Change of scenery.

Thoughts?? Just spit balling here. Don’t kill me on this.
Yeah given that free agency is not going to be a realistic viable option, drafts only happen once a year, scouting young talent on other teams and targeting those in trades is a very under valued option. Are you going to find a future super star? No. But future starter on a good team that’s can be developed is a def possibility!

We have 3 guys on our roster right now in Clarkson Hood and Nance that could be much better without Lebron. They were too young IMO to adapt to the playstyle that fast. Maybe they can be something if Lue can really spend some time with these guys.

Aaron Gordon is a guy that I wish would go to a team with a great point guard and a great coach. That dude still has plenty of room to improve.

I'm surprised Gordon signed the contract he did, it's front loaded so he'll be making $16.4 million in the final year (from starting at $21.5 mil)

Looks like they played hardball with his RFA status and lack of money around the league

Cj mccollum would be a star if he went to a team where he could be the lead guard.

I've been saying for two years we should've traded love for Gordon and all i got was red x's. He would've thrived with LeBron. Now he's developing too much. Magic wouldn't even think about that.

Cj mccollum would be a star if he went to a team where he could be the lead guard.

I believe this too. His jump to Oladipo level might be 1 or 2 steps from where he is right now while Oladipo took like 5 steps forward in one season.

Jabari Parker has a higher ceiling than Wiggins. With the current young team he could be the last puzzle for a homogeneous high talented team. İf there is a chance to get him, get him!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."