• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Anyone getting No Mans Sky?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snarly

Count Duckula.
Reaction score
Seems to be the love to hate on game with all the hype. Anyone plan to get or got this yet... I am getting mine today because planets and space exploration has been a childhood dream of sorts. Also seems to be a well crafted mining try to survive type of game.

I think I will get it, maybe not right away.

It looks like a game that you make it to be. It sort of feels like interstellar by traveling to all of these planets; except there is life of course.

I don't think the game is meant to be this extreme challenge nor an mmo. It's meant to explore planets, scavenge, move on.

I would get it but I only have xbone. i think it looks great but worry it's hype will lead to disappointing reviews

Seems to be the love to hate on game with all the hype. Anyone plan to get or got this yet... I am getting mine today because planets and space exploration has been a childhood dream of sorts. Also seems to be a well crafted mining try to survive type of game.

User comments have looked pretty promising on Reddit so far. Worth checking out some of the initial feedback. Seems like its the type of game you can get lost in for hours without completing any sort of missions to progress your campaign...my kinda game!

I would get it but I only have xbone. i think it looks great but worry it's hype will lead to disappointing reviews

I am also an Xbox owner but with PS4's exclusive content, I have come closer and closer to purchasing a PS4. I don't think i can be happy in my gaming life much longer without never having played "The Last Of Us."

User comments have looked pretty promising on Reddit so far. Worth checking out some of the initial feedback. Seems like its the type of game you can get lost in for hours without completing any sort of missions to progress your campaign...my kinda game!

I am also an Xbox owner but with PS4's exclusive content, I have come closer and closer to purchasing a PS4. I don't think i can be happy in my gaming life much longer without never having played "The Last Of Us."

I was in a similar position and picked up a PS4 last holiday season for that game in particular.

Absolutely worth every single penny I spent on it, and remains one of the best experiences - not just games, but overall entertainment and story experiences - that I have ever encountered.

Definitely planning to get NMS when I get paid at the end of the week.

I have 110 bucks in my Steam wallet right now from selling TF2 items, so I'll probably pick it up. I don't think it's out until Friday on the PC, though. I want to read a few reviews first, though.

Anyone actually play this game yet? Trying to decide if I want to buy it prior to the PC release tonight.

Anyone actually play this game yet? Trying to decide if I want to buy it prior to the PC release tonight.

It's getting mixed reviews it seems. I think if you're a big fan of space exploration then this is for you.

It certainly isn't a game with a tight narrative, interesting characters, great difficulty, or amazing gameplay.

I think people are going into this game expecting either some kind of MMO or story, when the developers have been very clear since the beginning that this game is essentially neither.

This is about as open-world (open-universe?) as it gets. Freedom to go where you want, explore what you want to explore, and etch your name into a constantly-expanding database. Nothing more, nothing less.

Personally, I think that sounds amazing, and this is coming from someone who prefers RPGs and games that have good stories. But a game like this... I could legitimately see this game, or others like it, ushering in the next revolutionary wave of games - games that are expanding of their own accord, that even the developers can't predict. That, to me, sounds incredible, and quite literally the possibilities are endless.

I think people are going into this game expecting either some kind of MMO or story, when the developers have been very clear since the beginning that this game is essentially neither.

This is about as open-world (open-universe?) as it gets. Freedom to go where you want, explore what you want to explore, and etch your name into a constantly-expanding database. Nothing more, nothing less.

Personally, I think that sounds amazing, and this is coming from someone who prefers RPGs and games that have good stories. But a game like this... I could legitimately see this game, or others like it, ushering in the next revolutionary wave of games - games that are expanding of their own accord, that even the developers can't predict. That, to me, sounds incredible, and quite literally the possibilities are endless.
Yeah, it's a very cool take on the survival genre that has gotten very popular.

I do hope they had some sort of base building feature though. Say you really like a certain planet and want to make it a home sort of speak.

I do hope in the future that we get this exact game, but with mmo elements that are akin to eve online.

Perhaps also have very rare planets that harbor very intelligent life with civilizations.

I'd also like to have an option to up the difficulty. Certain planets being extremely hostile by environment and life forms you come across.

Yeah, it's a very cool take on the survival genre that has gotten very popular.

I do hope they had some sort of base building feature though. Say you really like a certain planet and want to make it a home sort of speak.

I do hope in the future that we get this exact game, but with mmo elements that are akin to eve online.

Perhaps also have very rare planets that harbor very intelligent life with civilizations.

I'd also like to have an option to up the difficulty. Certain planets being extremely hostile by environment and life forms you come across.

Maybe I am not remembering correctly, but I thought there were at least substantial rumors flying about regarding the eventual addition of base building features in this game.

Also, get this - Hello Games reported that players had already registered over 10 million new and unique species within the first 24 hours of launch.

I think I am going to hold off on buying it for now. It sounds like the game is just too simplistic right now. I read the Jimquisition review and that really kind of turned me off to the game.

Of course, I may still impulse buy it before tomorrow because I have 110 bucks in my Steam wallet and have no self-control. But not buying is where my mind is at right now.

The Steam version doesn't unlock until tomorrow at 1pm, by the way, which is a crock of horse shit. I hate when developers don't release shit at midnight when it's clearly done.

I think I am going to hold off on buying it for now. It sounds like the game is just too simplistic right now. I read the Jimquisition review and that really kind of turned me off to the game.

Of course, I may still impulse buy it before tomorrow because I have 110 bucks in my Steam wallet and have no self-control. But not buying is where my mind is at right now.

The Steam version doesn't unlock until tomorrow at 1pm, by the way, which is a crock of horse shit. I hate when developers don't release shit at midnight when it's clearly done.

Yeah, they need more things to craft then just stuff for your ship or suit.

It would be awesome to find extremely hostile planets and build a base that produces materials.

Sounds like the PC release of No Man's Sky is fucked. Most people can't even get to the title screen for the crashing, and the game runs like absolute shit for the ones who can. Glad I held off on this. Saved me asking for a refund until they fix it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."