• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Athlete You'd Most Like to Meet

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
For me it'd probably have to be Phil Mickelson. Dude is crazy friendly and I've been watching him golf since I was a little kid. I've always liked him way more than Tiger, or anyone else for that matter.

If that's not a good enough answer because some of you don't think golf is a "sport", then I guess I'd like to meet Mariano Rivera or Kipnis.

Kyrie Irving... Want to tell him that there is no better fanbase than Cleveland, and that he can build something special here (there) if he has the will and the fortitude. To enjoy the bright lights during the offseason, but remember that destination cities don't idolize sports players the way towns like Cleveland do.

Love the city, and it will love you back.

GRIFFEY-JR.jpg

Wouldn't mind meeting Alex Morgan either (USW Soccer...Google her)

I've been fortunate enough to meet quite a few athletes in both my personal life and as part of my profession, but an athlete I would've loved to have met would've been Derrick Thomas. He was my favorite football player growing up and I remember balling my eyes out when he passed. Sorry to be Buzz Killington :chuckles:

Jessie Owens.

His historic achievement in the face of Nazi Germany despite rampant racism stateside (thus had to use inferior training facilities) while setting 4 world records should stand as not only the greatest athletic achievement of all time, but as one of the most important historic events of the 20th century.

Kyrie Irving... Want to tell him that there is no better fanbase than Cleveland, and that he can build something special here (there) if he has the will and the fortitude. To enjoy the bright lights during the offseason, but remember that destination cities don't idolize sports players the way towns like Cleveland do.

Love the city, and it will love you back.

Destination cities dont idolize star players like Jeter in NYC and Kobe in LA? And lets be honest, there are plenty of other fanbases in the NBA that are better than the Cavs. Portland is a small market that comes to mind.

Jerry Nadeau: He was my favorite NASCAR driver growing up. Was going to meet him a few months ago at a charity event he organized, but something came up and I couldn't make the trip to Charlotte.

andre the giant, i wanna cover myself in cooking oil, punch him in the dick and see if i can outrun him

then, id let him catch up to me and he'd try to bearhug me, thinking victory is his.. at that point i'd flop out of his arms like a slippery little fish

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."