• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Best division in the NBA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the best division in basketball?

• Total voters

Change of Pace

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
I'm talking about just for this season and from top to bottom.

My best guess is probably the Central division, but I don't have a bunch of in depth analytics or anything.

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread.

1.) Central 2.) Southeast 3.) Southwest

I still think the Central is the best and it has been for a while (especially when Cavs, Bulls, Pistons and Pacers were all good at one point). The other divisions are pretty good too. The standings are so bunched up that it will probably come down to the wire for the other two divisions, especially Southeast. I mean....

Atlanta: 40-29 0.0
Miami: 39-29 0.5
Charlotte: 39-29 0.5 (!!)

Washington: 33-35 6.5
Orlando: 29-39 10.5

Wut? The Southwest has 4 of the West's playoff teams, has one of the best defensive teams in history, and the last place team had playoff potential, before its All-NBA center succumbed to nagging injuries.

Wut? The Southwest has 4 of the West's playoff teams, has one of the best defensive teams in history, and the last place team had playoff potential, before its All-NBA center succumbed to nagging injuries.
Meh, and the Warriors in the Pacific very well could tie or break the record for wins in a season. The Spurs having an historic year defensively is impressive but I'm talking about from top to bottom for this season, who is the best division?

It's for sure not the Atlantic, they have 2 bottom feeders. It's not the Pacific for the same reason as the Atlantic. It's not the Northwest bc they're pretty weak top to bottom. The Southeast is pretty well bunched together but doesn't have any elite teams.

Cavs .714
Pacers .529
Bulls .522
Pistons .521
Bucks .423

Spurs .843
Grizzlies .577
Rockets .500
Mavericks .500
Pelicans .377

Central has 1st, 7th, 8th, 9th and 11th seeds currently in their conference. The SW has 2nd, 5th, 7th, 8th and 12th in their conference.

In the NBA the Central has 3rd, 13th, 14th, 15th and 21st. In the NBA the SW has 2nd, 10th, 16th, 17th and 26th.

I'd say it's pretty close but Central still gets my vote for the best division in the NBA this season, thus far.

It is close, but .559 > .542.

You could say, "Well, what if the Bulls were healthy?" But the Pelicans have been hit with more injuries than just about anyone this year.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."