• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Best over the ear headphones for kid for $50?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lee

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Son wants blue tooth headphones for birthday. He is turning 11, listens to music, don't want anything crazy, doing some research. Anyone know what a good durable, good sounding set of over the ear headphones for an 11 year old?

Much thanks for anyone that knows. And no, Bose, Beats, etc are way to expensive in my opinion, thinking more of the MPow or Jabra level.

Son wants blue tooth headphones for birthday. He is turning 11, listens to music, don't want anything crazy, doing some research. Anyone know what a good durable, good sounding set of over the ear headphones for an 11 year old?

Much thanks for anyone that knows. And no, Bose, Beats, etc are way to expensive in my opinion, thinking more of the MPow or Jabra level.

I have two pairs of Audio Technica headphones which I really like. I think you can get the lower model Bluetooth headphones for under $50. I really like the customer service, I lost the OEM cable and I emailed them expecting to have to pay a decent amount to get a new one. They ended just asking for my address and sent me out a new cable for free. There US warehouse is in NE Ohio and I know they have a public sale once or twice a year that they get rid of excess stock for real cheap.

I feel like you get what you pay for with headphones. I never was satisfied with headphones until I got AirPods.

I understand they’re out of your price range here. But anything I ever got in the sub- $50 range sucked, was uncomfortable (fell out of my ear or fit in awkwardly) and broke or malfunctioned in some fashion within a year. AirPods sound great, are convenient and are built in such a way that they’re not going to break. They’re very versatile. They also turn on instantly.

I eventually sucked it up and paid the money with mind to the fact that if they lasted for years, they’d outlast 3-4 pairs of shitty $40-$50 headphones. They have thus far.

If you have a gift card, credit card points or something you could put towards AirPods to justify the purchase (just giving you excuses here since you mentioned a number)...I’d strongly recommend them over anything under $40-$50.

I really don't like Bluetooth headphones period. You get much better sound with wired headphones at the equivalent price point. I got a pair of Grado's about 15 years ago for about $80 that still sound fantastic.

Actually bought my daughter a pair of ATM's for $49 for her birthday to wear while studying. She loves em. Of course, if bluetooth is required....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HVLUR18/ref=psdc_12097479011_t1_B002LBSEQS

I only use buds if I'm working out. If I'm sitting and listening, it's over or sometimes on the ear headphones.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."