• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Bias In Media

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AZ_

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Pulling this out of the Trump threads, thought this was a pretty funny takedown of the Sinclair group.

I saw that piece. I just want the news. The cable networks have to fill time so they put in a lot of opinion, scary graphics, ominous sounds and ridiculously large panels of so called 'experts' to fill the time. The local news is only on in 30 minute blocks a couple times a day and should not include any of that stuff. Just report the news internationally and nationally without opinion then focus more attention on the state and local news; that's their role.

I saw that piece. I just want the news. The cable networks have to fill time so they put in a lot of opinion, scary graphics, ominous sounds and ridiculously large panels of so called 'experts' to fill the time. The local news is only on in 30 minute blocks a couple times a day and should not include any of that stuff. Just report the news internationally and nationally without opinion then focus more attention on the state and local news that's their role.

The sad fact is, this is where the corporate money is going to go to influence politics.

It's not going to get any better.

The sad fact is, this is where the corporate money is going to go to influence politics.

It's not going to get any better.

That is what I took from the John Oliver piece too. It's not sad, it's scary. We need an informed electorate not a brainwashed electorate.

That is what I took from the John Oliver piece too. It's not sad, it's scary. We need an informed electorate not a brainwashed electorate.

This administrations biggest accomplishment to this point has been separating reality from the American public who supports them.

They offered people the ability to make up their own truth, because those people don't like the reality they live in.

You think Americans go over to England to become crappy talk show hosts and tell them how to live their lives?

The idea that you can't take good ideas from anyone that isn't American is such a good example of how willfully ignorant Americans can be. Thanks for putting it on display for us.

The idea that you can't take good ideas from anyone that isn't American is such a good example of how willfully ignorant Americans can be. Thanks for putting it on display for us.
More ignorant and closed off to ideas than say countries in the middle east? Or even Asia?

On topic...the bias in the media is more obvious than it has ever been.
I don't think there are very many serious people still denying the existence of bias in the big news outlets.
Most people also admit that the bias runs both ways.

The only real questions remaining is how pervasive is the bias and how lopsided is the bias.

The data, in the form of journalist's political leanings and of the sheer number of pro-right stories vs pro-left stories, suggest a pretty strong left-ward media bias as compared the political center of America.

How pervasive is the bias?
All reports I have heard from both sides of the political spectrum agree that the bias is getting worse, not better. It is getting both broader and deeper.

In conclusion:
-There is bias in the news media and it negatively affects the product.
-The bias runs both ways but is much more biased to the left than the American public
-The bias is getting worse, consequently causing news journalism to be less professional and less reliable.

Last edited:
More ignorant and closed off to ideas than say countries in the middle east? Or even Asia?
Man you've got cnn and comedy Centrals bias all teed up. Keep it simple

DEEeFyUVoAEYB6-.jpg:large

View: https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/status/883014622797811713

But wait!

View: https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/883014044231360516

Other countries are worse so we can't be bad.

You did it again.

Jaffy spends a lot of time questioning the president and his shall we say, confusing messaging. Here is an example of a journalist the right likes to bash, doing his job and saying "stop" to those who want to criticize Trump over everything. However; when Jaffy tweets tomorrow about some nonsensicle/contradictory/outlandish statement the President made, he will be called a hack or bias or fake news.

The media has it's issues but the bigger problem is the people in power and those that support them will offer praise when the news it good and when it is less than favorable, they will call it "fake news". There are really good journalist out there, credible journalists, journalists with integrity covering the news and they are being lumped in with the outliers and click bait websites when they report on something that is not favorable to the current administration. That's dangerous and wrong.

Reactions: AZ_
Highlights another big problem within the media. Using this barrage against the media to purposely mislead them, then claim that they're not reporting accurately.

Highlights another big problem within the media. Using this barrage against the media to purposely mislead them, then claim that they're not reporting accurately.

I wish there was a sad reaction instead of a like/disagree/funny etc.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."