• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Bill Laimbeer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

G-MAN

Rookie
Reaction score
gm or coach. take your pick i want to see him in here. reasons:

1.championship player and championship attitude
2.tough player and won't allow this weak ass sh*t we've seen this year.
3.respect throughout the league. player, coach (even though it was just the wnba), announcer (i don't agree with all his takes) he does have an opinion and isn't wishy washy.
4.smart - went to notre dame and that's a pretty tough school academically.

#1, Bill Laimbeer isn't respected in the NBA as acoach or a GM. He is respected as a former championship center. He has very little creditable coaching experience, and no GM experience.

#2, Paul Silas was a tough player, Bill Laimbeer was a tough player ...you can't preclude that because a guy was a tough player that as a coach he won't let his teams play soft and completely lack character, intensity, and desire to play hard. Look no further than this years Cavs under Silas. One of the softest defensive teams I've ever seen, who take numerous games off during the season, and completely lack the desire necassary to play defense.

#3, Notre Dame is tough academically ...and forced Laimbeer to leave the team and enroll in a junior college for one year because his grades were so poor. So they do have standards that have to be adhered to by their athletes.

i just said he has respect throughout the league.

not that he has respect as a coach or gm.

a general manager and coach makes a team in his image whether they want to or not. silas wanted to make this team like himself. (supposedly) hard working, mix it up and max their potential. the thing is, he was old school and babied lebron compared to the rest of the team. he busted gooden's balls for bad def. but when lebron did the same thing nothing was said. the whole team saw it and it's hard to respect someone talking out of the side of their mouth. he lost the team. imo he lost it when he busts snow's balls. one of the only winners on the club and he looses it.

laimbeer's image was that he wouldn't take shit from anyone and when you come in the middle you feel it. he might have maxed out what he had on the floor.

give me a team that doesn't take shit from anyone, instead of this panzy ass defense we play. there is only a few that show heart on the team and you can't just say you have heart, you show it.

Hold the phone. We're gonna be looking at Lambs if LB jets on us. We've got dibs. ;)

Everything you just said was under Silas's resume as well..

I think it's best for us to go out and get the best head coach we can find ...not the best head coach Gilbert knows personally. All the Tom Izzo and Bill Laimbeer talk ...is it because they are the best we can get, or is it because people know that Gilbert happens to know them. I think it's because we know he knows them and that stinks in my book. I want acoach in here who is the best available who can get this team to a championship level. If we can't get a Phil Jackson in here, which would seem unlikely at this point ....I think Flip Saunders is the best availaible ...Dick Versace is free after this season for GM. Get those two in here from Minnesota and let's get the offseason started with a real GM, and a proven NBA head coach ....not the few people that Gilbert happens to know that know something about basketball. Who else in the NBA has been kncking on Laimbeer's door wanting him to coach their NBA team ....umm ....I'll answer that .....NOBODY.

I'm hoping for Saunders. I don't want to take a big risk on an unproven candidate like Laimbeer or even a college coach like Izzo. I'd rather have Eric Musselman or Marc Iavoroni instead of candidates like them.

I don't understand why fans are so quick to want to recycle Flip Saunders. The T-Wolves lost in the first round of the playoffs 7 straight years before 03/04 when they made it the the WFC. Most coaches would have got the ax before then. Especially when there's a top 5 talent on the team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."