• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Blackmon suspended

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AZ_

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This kid was a pretty obvious train wreck entering the league. Looks like the wheels are really falling off.

@AdamSchefter 8m

Jaguars former first-round pick WR Justin Blackmon is being suspended four games by the NFL, per league sources. More on NFL Live now.

Thank goodness this guy isn't on the Browns. This would be apocalypse 2013.

Dodged a huge bullet with this cat for sure.

Jesus - I actually forgot this guy existed until this thread.

What's the substance? Anyone know?

Blackmon:
"I've made a mistake and I have no excuse. I am truly sorry and disappointed in myself for putting the Jaguars in this situation, and I look forward to putting this behind me and maturing and growing as a person. I will have a productive training camp and pre-season with my team, and during the suspension I will work hard to stay in top football shape and be ready to help the Jaguars when I return. I have chosen to be accountable for my poor decision, and I sincerely apologize to my teammates, coaches, the front office and Jaguars fans for the impact of my mistake on the team."

Caldwell:
"Coach Bradley and I have spoken with Justin, and he is well aware of our disappointment. I don't think there is any question that Justin is embarrassed and remorseful, and Coach Bradley and I are both confident he understands the obligations ahead of him, to himself, the franchise and the fans. We will support him throughout the process and continue to work to educate him and all of our players on making the right decisions. The Jaguars have made a lot of progress over the past three months, and we will not allow this news to slow us down."

Can't imagine it's not alcohol again.

Alcohol is not a banned substance. Who knows what it is, we may never know because that info is supposed to be private. His statement is exactly what he should say. Take responsibility for his actions, be remorseful, strive to never let it happen again and be prepared as possible for when he is able to return.

The one thing I'll always think of with Blackmon is the random infatuation Mary Kay had with the guy. Even on draft day last year when 99% of the world knew that T-Rich was our pick, Mary Kay still believed Blackmon was our guy all along. It made no sense.

The one thing I'll always think of with Blackmon is the random infatuation Mary Kay had with the guy. Even on draft day last year when 99% of the world knew that T-Rich was our pick, Mary Kay still believed Blackmon was our guy all along. It made no sense.

Annoyed the hell out of me I wanted to choke that bitch more than normal.

Annoyed the hell out of me she wouldn't let it go. Probably had a chub for him or something.

The Jags had to know that a suspension was pending with Blackmon before the draft.

With knowledge that this hammer was going to fall, and all you have is Cecil Shorts 3 in the WR, how don't you address the position before the 4th round. I'm guessing they will go 0-4, i know that's really going out on a limb, but their whole season will get tanked because of this.

With knowledge that this hammer was going to fall, and all you have is Cecil Shorts 3 in the WR, how don't you address the position before the 4th round. I'm guessing they will go 0-4, i know that's really going out on a limb, but their whole season will get tanked because of this.

They're the Jaguars. Their whole season was tanked the second they released the schedule.

Looks like our old friend MoMass will be getting some targets!!!

He was starting to come along actually with the Jags towards the end of last year, sucks he got suspended.

I loved Blackmon in college and was definitely interested in drafting him. Hopefully he can mature through this and actually keep his head on straight.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre">brian_mcintyre</a> Blackmon's suspension should also void $10,772,248 of guarantees in his '13-'15 contract years.</p>&mdash; Joel Corry (@corryjoel) <a href="https://twitter.com/corryjoel/status/329327918612348928">April 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WOW

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."