• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Blue Jays @ Indians Series Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fundamentals

Rookie
Reaction score
Friday- 7:05 PM- Jake Westbrook vs. Ted Lilly
Saturday- 1:05 PM- Kevin Millwood vs. Gustavo Chacin
Sunday- 1:05 PM- C.C. Sabathia vs. Roy Halladay

Game Preview:

Toronto (19-16) at Cleveland (14-19)
Game Info: 7:05 pm EDT Fri May 13, 2005
TV: TSN, FSOH

The Toronto Blue Jays look to tie a season high with four straight wins and end a five-game losing streak to the Cleveland Indians when the teams open a three-game series.

The Blue Jays bounced back from four straight losses by sweeping a three-game set with the Kansas City Royals, winning the finale 12-9 on Wednesday.

Toronto has won four straight twice this season, from April 8-12 and 26-29.

After outscoring the Royals 21-11, the Blue Jays open a six-game road trip trying for their first win over Cleveland since a 7-6 victory in Toronto on Aug. 3.

Alex Rios hit a go-ahead double, and the Blue Jays scored five times in the eighth inning to rally Wednesday.

Shea Hillenbrand homered, drove in four runs and scored three times to continue his torrid play for Toronto. His three-run homer gave the Blue Jays their first lead, and he scored the game-tying run in the eighth.

Hillenbrand ranks among the majors' leaders with a .370 batting average. He has hit safely in six straight games after an 0-for-10 stretch.

``He got off to such a good start,'' Toronto manager John Gibbons said. ``You knew he was going to cool off, and he cooled off for a few days. But he's been great. I've never seen any guy work harder at his game than Hilly. He's just a good hitter.''

Cleveland manager Eric Wedge shuffled his batting order Wednesday, and the Indians responded with a 9-3 win over the Los Angeles Angels.

It was an attempt to wake up an offense that had produced just 10 runs in its previous four games.

Jhonny Peralta and Casey Blake hit solo homers in the eighth inning for the Indians, who finished 5-4 on their road trip by taking two of three from the defending AL West champions. Coco Crisp went 3-for-4 with two doubles and an RBI single.

Ben Broussard homered and had three hits in his first game in the cleanup spot this season.

``I love hitting in the middle of the order, wherever it's at,'' Broussard said. ``That's where I hit my whole career in the minor leagues, the 3-4 spot. But we've got some real good 3-4 guys on this team, so I'm fine hitting 5, 6, whatever they need me to hit.

``We've been kind of tweaking the lineup all year, trying to get it going and find the right mixture. That's the way it is when you're scuffling. It was a good feeling today, to be in there and have some situations where guys in front of you were getting on base.''

Grady Sizemore, one of five players to hit leadoff in the past two weeks, was at the top of the order for the second time. Blake, who led off in the first two games of the series, hit second. Ronnie Belliard batted in the fifth spot after making all 26 of his previous starts as the No. 2 hitter.

The Indians batted .275 in the three-game series, 42 points above their season average.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=250513105

Elarton's spot in the rotation will be skipped with the off-day. He'll be the long man and Davis will be able to try short relief, if needed.

got the first one. the bats are starting to wake up finally.

FINALLY, Westbrook was given some run support. He could easily be a five or six game winner if the Indians would give him some support. I remember at one point, in only three games, he was given just two total runs. The bats better explode when he's pitching, and for the rest of our pitchers. Pitching has been excellent but the bats need to be consistent. The past two games have been excellent, because of the lineup change that was drastically needed.

And man, I can't wait for the CC vs. Roy matchup. That will be an amazing pitching game, hopefully.

Last edited:
Another win today after two rain delays. It wasn't the prettiest, but a solo HR from Peralta in the 8th gave the Tribe a 3-2 win. Going for the sweep tomorrow with CC.

good chance for the sweep with cc on the hill. jhonny is really coming on strong witht the bat, nice to see.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."