• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Bracket madness

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Style

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
It's that time of year, and there are a couple topics I thought might be fun.

One, who do you like for the final four?

Two, for the Buckeye fans out there, lets for the sake of argument assume they good guys go all the way and win the championship. Who would you like to see the Buckeyes knock off along the way?

For my final four, I'm going to start with Ohio State in the south. I think the Buckeyes got a fairly lucky draw, and I don't see that rough of a road to the final four. Sure, they could lose before that, but they really shouldn't lose to any of these teams. In the east, I could see a number of teams coming out. UNC will have a hard time surviving their region. I'm going to say Georgetown. They're hot at the right time. In the midwest, it's hard not to like Florida. Afterall, they did it last year, and have virtually everyone back. They should be even better this year. Wisconsin, with their injuries, is not nearly as good as they were a few weeks ago. I don't think there is anyone in that region that can touch Florida. The west is another one where I could see any number of teams emerging. I will go with UCLA.

As far my dream list of teams for the Buckeyes to knock off on their way to a title goes, that's pretty easy. Easier than picking the final four, for sure. After Central Conn, I'd go with an inner-state matchup vs Xavier. Then I'd go Virginia. OSU has already beaten Tennessee, so it'd be better to beat someone else, and why not the ACC champ? It would help my bragging rights in this part of the country, to be sure. In the Elite Eight I'd go with either Memphis or Louisville. The first is a 30 win team from a power conference and the #2 seed. Obviously that would be a nice feather in the cap. Louisville is from a border state. I always like inner state and border state matchups. It's good for recruiting and the fans. For the final four, both UNC and Georgetown have appeal. A victory over the heels would avenge an earlier loss this year, and give me local bragging rights. A victory over Georgetown would avenge last year's loss. For the title, you have to go Gators. This would avenge the loss earlier in the year, and knocking off the defending champ is another feather.

That would put the Buckeyes at 36-3 on the year, with avenging wins over the three teams that beat them earlier. And oh yeah, they'd be national champs.

Note that this is all assuming no matter who OSU plays they win. Remove that assumption, and I sure as hell don't want to see Florida in the title game. I think the Gators are the team to beat. If someone else knocked them off it would make the Buckeyes jobs a lot easier!

Last edited:
Id like to see G-Town win, Jeff Green is a cool dude, and Hibbert is pretty solid as well, but an off game for Hibbert sometimes dooms the Hoyas.I hope UVA does well, i hope VCU goes down in flames, alothough i hope they do beat Duke.

UF looks good, but im hesitant to say its going to be all the #1 teams or something, Wisconsin doesnt look as good as they did earlier. Memphis looks good as well.

I always enjoy the Tourny more so then in past years because i know a couple people playing in it, its always cool to see people you either went to high school with, knew or played ball with play in the tournament.

Last edited:
All I ask is that if the Buckeyes do make it to the final, and they do face Florida, they don't take the opening tip-off for a fast-break slam dunk. If they do, I'm shutting off the TV.

I had Ohio State/Floridia/UCLA/G-Town ( I believe it was them four ) I just know I had an rematch from the College football game.

Deadlock said:
I had Ohio State/Floridia/UCLA/G-Town ( I believe it was them four ) I just know I had an rematch from the College football game.
Gee, real original. Steal my final four! ;)

Btw, I think OSU has a great chance to make the final four, but from there all bets are off.
:fingersx:

Style said:
One, who do you like for the final four?

My Final Four: OSU/Georgetown/Kansas/Florida

Sorry Style, but I have Georgetown and Kansas in the championship game with Kansas winning it all... but then again, I'm never right.

OSU/UCLA/Florida/UNC I've made a couple. In some I have Oregon, Purdue, G-Town, MSU. Some teams that can be dangerous.

I have UCLA beating OSU in the championship.

I have too many brackets to definitively say who I have. Common denominator for most of them are OSU and UF. I would love to see OSU beat the best possible comptetition, especially UNC and UF on the way to a title. They already beat one of the teams that beat them twice, so why not the other two?

I haven't missed a game yet as of 8:26 PM EST. My Final Four: Wisconsin, UCLA, UNC, Ohio State. This OSU team is much more mature than they were early on in the season and they gave UNC all they could handle then: OSU beats UNC in the final 4. I have UCLA vs. OSU in the Finals. Pip vs. Bucks fans. Hehe. I got the Bucks taking it but I could see either team winning it so I just figured I'd go with my boys instead.

I too felt we got a really really easy draw in our region. I think Memphis will get knocked out early (I have Creighton in the Sweet 16). I'm not all that sure about Virginia - I haven't seen them play. I know we beat Tennessee and I know we could beat them again - they aren't that good. Texas A&M could be our toughest matchup - they look like a pretty good team.

I don't have that many upsets on my bracket this year - I really don't think there will be many and there haven't been that many so far. As I said before I have Creighton in the sweet 16 (they are a 10 seed) and I've got Vanderbilt in the Elite 8 (I have them upsetting Georgetown though it probably won't happen).

I should have filled out a bracket this year. I have my entire final four picks in. Also, as far as dream matchups for the buckeyes go, I got em all except Virginia.

Deadlock said:

Perfect. Just perfect. There is no way I could possible lose in my bracket unless UCLA wins it all. Anyone else wins I got it.

My best bracket has all 4, needing OSU to beat UCLA in the final. I'll get 4th out of 150 or so.

Yeah, you guys all stole my final four. I should get 10% of your winnings.

Hurl Bruce said:
My best bracket has all 4, needing OSU to beat UCLA in the final. I'll get 4th out of 150 or so.

How do you pick UCLA over Gators?

Style.... :thumbdown

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."