• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns 2019 Draft - Who did they miss?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Douglar

Intentionally Grounded
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm happy with getting 2 CB's 2 LB's, and a Safety in the draft. Seems like Dorsey hit the spots that really needed hittn' and got the guys he wanted.

Picking Greedy at 46 seems like a no-brainer. With all the CB's on the board to start the second round, someone was going to fall and it looks like the guy who fell is a great fit for what the Browns do.

I sort of see the reasoning behind Takitaki at 80 if they thought he was the best line backer on the board and he would be effective against the run. Maybe Dorsey had some intel that he was going to be off the board by 119.

Khalen Saunders had an interesting draft profile. He would have been a nice addition, but as someone pointed out, with more DL draft picks than usual this year, they might be more vet DL waivers than usual. A cheap vet will probably bring a better value to the team this season than a rookie.

Seems like Justin Layne would have been been a feel good pick at 80. Amani Hooker also seemed like he would have been a viable big corner / safety.

Anyone want to go on record with players the Browns should have grabbed at the spots where they drafted?

Missing an opportunity to grab CGJ at 80 amd going with Takitaki really friggin’ hurts. We had an opportunity to get arguably the two Best DB’s in the entire class and we passes on it.

I’m also a bit salty that we didn’t take Omenihu before he was gone at 161. Like, these are all kinda hinging on Takitaki being a reach at 80 when he would’ve been easily available later on Day 3. If we pick up CGJ at 80 we still have a crack at Wilson or Redwine if we wanna go that route and bolster the Dline with Omenihu with the 155 pick. I could easily see Takitaki still be available at 170, guy had next to no buzz coming into the draft.

Again, if Takitaki turns into a monster LB it’s not too Big of a deal and I like the players we picked up. Even so... man we missed out on some great Value with Omenihu and CGJ.

Missing an opportunity to grab CGJ at 80 amd going with Takitaki really friggin’ hurts. We had an opportunity to get arguably the two Best DB’s in the entire class and we passes on it.

I’m also a bit salty that we didn’t take Omenihu before he was gone at 161. Like, these are all kinda hinging on Takitaki being a reach at 80 when he would’ve been easily available later on Day 3. If we pick up CGJ at 80 we still have a crack at Wilson or Redwine if we wanna go that route and bolster the Dline with Omenihu with the 155 pick. I could easily see Takitaki still be available at 170, guy had next to no buzz coming into the draft.

Again, if Takitaki turns into a monster LB it’s not too Big of a deal and I like the players we picked up. Even so... man we missed out on some great Value with Omenihu and CGJ.

It's extremely disingenuous to say you can just draft him later. For all we know, Takitaki goes at 81 if he's not picked at 80.

The rest is fine. I can understand regret in not getting CGJ and Charles Omenihu was one of my favorite 3T in the draft.

I’m really starting to like Takitaki the more I dive in.

However, we believed he wasn’t going to make it to #119. In a thin LB class, I understand us taking a guy who we think is a difference maker at the position. The way Eliot described him, I’m actually pretty sure they had a 2nd round grade on him.

This is where #95 going to New York hurt.

If we give up #119 instead, you can likely take CGJ at #80 and get Takitaki at #95.

Likewise at #119, Amani Hooker went 3 spots earlier to Tennessee—who jumped us to take him at #116. I regret not offering a 7th or future 7th to jump 4-5 spots once Hooker was so close to making it to us. I’m a huge fan of his.

We gambled. Let’s hope Redwine is as good as they think he is.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."