• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns sign LB Mychal Kendricks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I have no idea where or how much he's going to play, but he still has some talent.

I wonder if Dorsey is down on Jamie Collins at his hefty salary?

Hell yeah.

Collins, Kirksey, Kendricks, Schobert, Avery, and possibly a 6th LB from training camp battle.

Gone are the days where Tank Carder and two UDFAs are a certainty to make the roster out of training camp.

Given Collins injury history, it’s also smart protection, regardless of which three end up being the starters.

With Kendricks ability to cover in space and take on TEs, Collins should be able to be used more aggressively as a blitzer

Solid. Avery seems like a good draft pick draft pick to throw in the mix as well.

And Schobert was a beast last year....

This defense is getting to be mighty good on paper.

Wow that’s great depth. Super bowl starter as our backup. Hell of a pickup.

I don’t think we should assume Collins or Schobert are locks as starters.

Schobert was a pro bowl alternate, not some dominant player. He’s definitely gotten better each year since 2016, but we shouldn’t be attached to things from 1-31. Now I’m not advocating Schobert being the backup but it’s not some crazy thought.

And Collins coming off that injury and with the big salary, makes you wonder if they try to deal him or get him to renegotiate.

From what I’ve read, Kendricks possesses as better ability to cover in space and take on TEs than anyone already here at the position, so I wouldn’t count him out as a starter.

I don’t think we should assume Collins or Schobert are locks as starters.

Schobert was a pro bowl alternate, not some dominant player. He’s definitely gotten better each year since 2016, but we shouldn’t be attached to things from 1-31. Now I’m not advocating Schobert being the backup but it’s not some crazy thought.

And Collins coming off that injury and with the big salary, makes you wonder if they try to deal him or get him to renegotiate.

From what I’ve read, Kendricks possesses as better ability to cover in space and take on TEs than anyone already here at the position, so I wouldn’t count him out as a starter.

Nah I think Collins is safe. He had one bad year and an injury. They’ll give him this year to see if he wants to play. Kendrick is on a one year deal. Nothing to cut someone else over. And no he’s not good in coverage. He’s worse than his numbers may suggest.

I wouldn’t mind playing over over joe though. He looked really slow. But I’m not sure they do that after his pro bowl season. Even though it was kind of a phony pro bowl.

Hell yeah.

Collins, Kirksey, Kendricks, Schobert, Avery, and possibly a 6th LB from training camp battle.

Gone are the days where Tank Carder and two UDFAs are a certainty to make the roster out of training camp.

Given Collins injury history, it’s also smart protection, regardless of which three end up being the starters.

With Kendricks ability to cover in space and take on TEs, Collins should be able to be used more aggressively as a blitzer

About Carder.. He just got signed to a one-year deal; however, they can cut him at any point from now until September 1st.

We just might see the first Carder/Tabor-less Browns squad since 2012 this coming season.

Probably just semantics. Cross some Ts dot some I

He angry. That’s fine. We need angry LBers

Since it came from Rap first, I personally don’t think the leak/premature report came from the Browns end of things.

Likely either came from his agent or from his agent telling the other teams in the race what the Browns offer was and then one of those teams telling Mort that they were out and think it’ll be done with the Browns soon.

However, what’s important is what Kendricks thinks in terms of why it got out. And while some would like to pile on about our leaks over the past few years, I really doubt that is/was something on Kendricks radar, so I doubt he would just assume it came from the Browns end.

I still think they get it done with him.

Love the addition, if it stands of course - he will add some great depth overall to the core of that linebacker group.

Really excited to see this team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."