• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Can the Cavs sign and trade.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jvpertz

Sixth Man
Reaction score
guys like Calderon and Jeff green on one year deals for 20 million a season and trade them to teams like Charlotte or Memphis for players?

Because you have to think that a George hill and Jeff green trade for parsons and Conley would actually be very very attractive....

It gets the grizzlies out of salary cap hell in one year rather than three....

But if Jeff green isn’t allowed to be moved in a deal like that for the Cavs, it makes the whole point moot.

In short, targeting these vulnerable half way basketball teams like the bobcats, pistons, grizzlies, possibly magic may be a great way to add talent.

So many of these teams have talent, can’t really compete to take the next step, and could be thrilled by the idea of finally shedding these bad contracts.

This is actually a decent idea but idk about the CBA. I think it would definitely have been done already if possible

guys like Calderon and Jeff green on one year deals for 20 million a season and trade them to teams like Charlotte or Memphis for players?

Because you have to think that a George hill and Jeff green trade for parsons and Conley would actually be very very attractive....

It gets the grizzlies out of salary cap hell in one year rather than three....

But if Jeff green isn’t allowed to be moved in a deal like that for the Cavs, it makes the whole point moot.

In short, targeting these vulnerable half way basketball teams like the bobcats, pistons, grizzlies, possibly magic may be a great way to add talent.

So many of these teams have talent, can’t really compete to take the next step, and could be thrilled by the idea of finally shedding these bad contracts.

The cannot. They both were minimum deals, so they most they can do is another minimum or use the MLE.

They CAN S&T Rodney Hood.

This should be a one word thread: Q. Can Cavs sign and trade?
A. No.
Except it's not accurate. They cannot receive a player in S&T due to their cap situation. They CAN trade an eligible player. The only player they have that they can do that with is Hood. They hold his Bird Rights and can do a S&T I think that's unlikely with how the FO is talking. I think they got Hood for the long haul, but with his lackluster performance to end the season, they may get good value in re-signing him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."