• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Carlos Boozer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Creamy

Banned
Reaction score
Cavs trade- Z, JJ Hickson, Coby Karl, Jawad Williams, 2010 First Round Pick, 3 Million Bucks

For

Carlos Boozer, Kyle Korver

Z comes back in 30 days...

Utah saves money this season if Z takes a buyout which he will and Utah gets out of tax or if not close to it. Plus they get Hickson to backup Milsap and a first round pick

Cavs get a #2 player to go with Lebron... Lebron, Mo and Boozer are a great big 3 if Boozer stays this time.

Mo, West
Parker, Gibson
Lebron, Moon
Boozer, Andy, Powe
Shaq, Z

p1_boozer.lebron_getty.jpg

Thoughts?

I still think that Boozer leaving Cleveland is the main reason why LeBron hasn't won a ring yet.

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to a Boozer trade, he would fit perfectly next to Shaq, he is a rebounding monster, and he can hit the mid-range jumper. His defense can't possibly be any worse than JJ's. We haven't had a double-digit rebounder in the LeBron era, it would certainly be nice.

I use to be all for using Z's expiring, but after yesterday's game I now realize how important his height is. I only do it as long as we are for sure getting Z back.

As long as Zydrunas re-joining the team 30 days later is a "sure thing", I'd love Boozer here. He'd be a perfect fit.

Not trading Hickson and a first for an impending FA who has already bailed on the organization once. Hickson and a first isn't Ferry's MO anyway.

You folks do realize the Cavaliers want to contend beyond this year dont you?

If we traded Z for Boozer and they didn't let Z come back and Boozer was on this team Karma would be on suicide watch...

I believe the possibility of Boozer coming here is a lot higher than most people would suspect.

Maybe we've been through this, but someone would have to explain to me how this makes sense for Utah. Boozer is an expiring contract for them, so how would getting Z and then buying him out entice them to do this?

And then from the Cavs side, I also don't understand why we'd do this half-season rental for JJ. JJ is a good, tradeable player - why waste it on this trade?

Maybe we've been through this, but someone would have to explain to me how this makes sense for Utah. Boozer is an expiring contract for them, so how would getting Z and then buying him out entice them to do this?

And then from the Cavs side, I also don't understand why we'd do this half-season rental for JJ. JJ is a good, tradeable player - why waste it on this trade?

Well, buying out Z will save them some money this year, if nothing else. It also would land them JJ and a 1st round pick instead of just letting Boozer walk.

I don't see any way Utah does this trade, however. No way would they throw in Korver as well, and I don't see why we even need Korver when we already have Parker.

Also, I'm pretty sure when a player is bought out their salary still counts towards the luxury tax/salary cap.

Because Utah signed Millsap to a decently sized deal and will not re-sign Boozer this summer, because of the luxury tax implications. Getting an asset for him might be the best option since they aren't beating LAL/BOS/CLE/ORL.

We trade J.J. for Boozer's bird-rights. Essentially, the rights to offer him more money than anyone else this summer. Even though he did leave once, we can offer him more than anyone else here.

My fear is him getting a ridiculous contract because of a desperate team wanting to save face and offering him a max deal when he's really worth closer to 12-13 M a year instead of 16-17M a year.

My other fear is that this is a contract year, and we all know the implications of that.

It's a calculated risk, I'd probably go for it, but I can understand the other argument and am not far off from joining that train of thought.

You sort of answered your own question. Utah would get Hickson, a draft pick, etc. for Boozer, who is not in Utah's future plans.

The Cavs get Z back at a reasonable salary, and Boozer's bird rights this summer.

EDIT: oops, sorry. A couple of you beat me to it. I had to leave the computer for a few minutes:)

I personally don't know if JJ and a 1st rounder is enough for Boozer, let alone Boozer/Korver. My guess is it'll take another team (like Golden State).

Time will tell.

Sounds ok to me... I just don't like not knowing if he'd re-sign and all that stuff... But for on the court, this year, looks good...

Boozer would put us over the top. He's no worse defensively than Murphy or Jamison, but he's more of an offense/rebounding machine than either of them. He shoots well enough to spread the floor, and brings it every night.

This guy owes us something. Wouldn't it be cool if he delivered.

boozer would be #1 pick for bringing another player in this season, hands down

he honestly could be and actually should have been lebron's pippen

Shaq, Boozer, Lebron, Mo and Delonte/ap is a scary starting lineup

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."