• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Carter Almost A Cavalier?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Carter was almost a Cav?

I didn't even realize Vince had FOUR years left on his albatross contract...as I said before for Wally straight up? That would be my last resort.

I'm glad it didn't go through personally...

Two issues with this one:

#1. Carter can't come to Cleveland for cap space because they will anything necessary to get leBron in 2010... including renaming the Brooklyn Bridge after Gloria James and Jay Z allowing him to get one hot night with Beyonce on his yacht. In fact, I think the latter already happened, just to put the idea in his head.

#2. Cater will not come to Cleveland because the Rockers left town years ago.

GOD, I would have been SO pissed if Ferry did that.

I kind of always had a softer spot for VC then most. He's getting old now though which scares the shit out of me with that contract but he was always meant to be second fiddle to a guy like Lebron IMO. He got stuck in the Jordan rather then Pippen role and made all his faults tick out.

Really good fit with lebron if his wheels don't come out: good shooter, great finisher, can post up, play on and off the ball. In a lot of ways a better fit then Redd

I kind of always had a softer spot for VC then most.

That spot better be soft and well-cushioned, because Vince Carter bruises very easily.

even though that trade would've financially mess us up in the future,
i'm certain we would win a ring w/ vince.

As much as I hate Vince Carter's little bitch ass, this is a move you have to strongly consider.

You basically give up nothing.

As much as I hate Vince Carter's little bitch ass, this is a move you have to strongly consider.

You basically give up nothing.

The only scenario it could hurt you is if something came up better later on and you needed a big expiring contract like Wally. We have some others but none that big for a straight 1 to 1 swap like that.

I think people are too scared about NJ clearing space for Lebron..
I don't think he's going anywhere ..

For me it's what does Carter have left in him..and is this the ONLY move that you can come up with?
No it isn't.

Wow...

I am with the hatred of VC for the obvious reasons but simply Wally for him is hard to pass on

I know all the bad thigns...contract and injuries etc

but his talent next to LeBron when 100% would have been a real nice fit

I'm actually a little disapointed now that I think about it....I am sure that will go away in 10 minutes but It could have been nice

i could see this idea being revisited midseason.

Has anyone ever confirmed that NJ is going out of their way to get LeBron and potentially destroy their long term future in the meantime?

Or is it just another of those constantly re-tread stupid national media rumors?

I'm glad to hear New Jersey rejected this and not the other way around. I would have been pissed at Ferry if he rejected it, seeing as Carter on the Cavs would probably be instant back to back ships barring injuries.

Has anyone ever confirmed that NJ is going out of their way to get LeBron and potentially destroy their long term future in the meantime?

Or is it just another of those constantly re-tread stupid national media rumors?

National Media/Specualtion

NJ is in a rebuilding stage now obviously, they ARE trying to clear cap room for the summer 2010, but that might not be for just Lebron. There are several other star players that have contracts coming up that summer as well, Dwayne Wade comes to mind. Lebron is not the only choice of free agency for the summer of 2010, but NJ now is going for a lot of young players(Yi, all their draft picks, etc) in hopes for a better team in a couple of years

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."