• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs coaching search

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

wuck

Hustling on the inside
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Larry Drew has been named interim coach. What next?

Last edited:
It may be funny that Blatt was the one that got Drew the assistant coaching job and if Drew does good enough to get the job past this season, that he hire Blatt as an assistant (offensive coordinator). LOL!

Budenholzer would be a great coach for the young core.

Mark Jackson as I said a year ago.

Lay down a defensive culture and accountability

Hire Lincoln Riley!!

Oh we fired Lue not Hue. Hire someone, anyone, who is young and embraces the idea that 3s > Long midrange (so basically everyone but Lue). The Ohio State coach is pretty good lol but there’s plenty of assistants now I’d look at

Coaches I'd be interested in...

Jerry Stackhouse
Jarron Collins
David Vanterpool
Nate Tibbetts
Becky Hammon
Ime Udoka

Fuck no to stackhouse. I heard an interview from him a year or 2 ago and he’s still stuck in the 90s mentality. Won’t guard the 3 point line. Wants to take mid range shots.

Whoever it is, make sure they absolutely hate midrange jumpers. If it's a defensive coach, we've got to have a strong and experienced offensive minded assistant and vice versa for an offensive coach.

I hope Becky gets an opportunity soon but I'm not sure she's taking a chance on this organization at THIS moment.

Fuck no to stackhouse. I heard an interview from him a year or 2 ago and he’s still stuck in the 90s mentality. Won’t guard the 3 point line. Wants to take mid range shots.

Not sure what interview you heard, but here's a Stackhouse quote from an interview on Zach Lowe's podcast.

“People say I may not like pace,” Stackhouse told Lowe. “I want to get out and run every opportunity we can. But if we don’t have something initially, let’s bring it back out, get into my Carolina secondary offense...I like the three. I like to have weakside action, making sure that guys aren’t stagnant and just standing, making sure that we’re keeping guys occupied...We want guys driving the ball to finish, but if the helps comes, I want that corner filled, and I want that slot filled, so I can sit there blind,” and here Stackhouse closed his eyes; he wants his players to know the right play so intuitively they don’t need to see it to recognize it. If you watched Stackhouse the player, you may see his coaching philosophy as somewhat surprising. He sees it, too.

“I probably wouldn’t like my game as a coach. Midrange twos...I tell guys, ‘All right, If it’s the shot clock and a guy runs you off and you gotta take a one-dribble pull-up, OK, do it. But otherwise, let’s try to get into the paint, pull another trigger, or find something else on the weakside, or just sidestep him and take the three...Guys who have efficient midrange games are always outliers.’”

^ sounds pretty anti midrange to me.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."