• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs looking at Gasol?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maximus

BANNED
Reaction score
Pau Gasol, Grizzlies
When the Bulls wanted him last year, their refusal to include Luol Deng killed the deal. If that line of thinking has changed in Chicago, the Bulls can get him with some combination of Deng, Tyrus Thomas and/or Joakim Noah (and P.J. Brown in a sign-and-trade to make the salaries match). A source close to Gasol said the Cleveland Cavaliers were also trying to obtain him, but the Cavs' big man who interests them most, Anderson Varejao, cannot be traded until the summer. (NBA rules state a player cannot be traded for three months after he signs a contract, and Varejao was signed on Dec. 4, with the trade deadline looming on Feb. 21.)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insi...ist=sheridan_chris&page=TradeProspects-080117

I have a feeling this may have just been the Cavs doing their "due dilligence," seeing as how everyone knows that Gasol is on the trading block. While he would be a welcome addition, I don't think he fills the main deficiencies that the Cavs currently have. Not to mention, with Varejao unavailable, I don't know who the Cavs have (besides some expirings) that would help Memphis.

I do not like Gasol's game. He's like a sloth out there. I do not think it would mesh with LeBron.

Our frontcourt would be the slowest ever - Z, Gasol, Gooden. AHHHHHHH.

I do not like Gasol's game. He's like a sloth out there. I do not think it would mesh with LeBron.

Our frontcourt would be the slowest ever - Z, Gasol, Gooden. AHHHHHHH.

Slower than a back spasms Larry Bird, 40 year old Chief Parrish, gangly white Kevin McHale, and stoned and back spasms Bill Walton?!?

mckale-parrish-bird-johnson-walton.JPG

Gasol isn't that bad though I'm more interested in acquiring Lowry, Conley, Navarro and Warrick than Gasol.

Why would we want an intelligent 19 point, 9 board forward whose numbers would probably increase playing with LBJ and Z?:confused:.

Oh yeah. We'd probably have to give up Gooden.Oh no. Not that!

Why would we want an intelligent 19 point, 9 board forward whose numbers would probably increase playing with LBJ and Z?:confused:.

Oh yeah. We'd probably have to give up Gooden.Oh no. Not that!

No, the Grizzlies don't want Gooden. They want AV.

won't happen ...
Well, crap..:(

Oh, and IMO, I think LBJ and PAU !!!!!!!! would work well together..

That little pick and pop game LBJ runs with Z, could be ran just as well with PAU !!!!!!!!

Not only that, but the guy actually dunks the ball in the paint, and has real NBA moves in the low post..

Amon:

"No, the Grizzlies don't want Gooden. They want AV."

As the story makes clear, AV cannot be traded until summer and
If they want to deal Gasol with Cleveland it almost certainly would be Gooden plus.

Well, crap..:(

Oh, and IMO, I think LBJ and PAU !!!!!!!! would work well together..

That little pick and pop game LBJ runs with Z, could be ran just as well with PAU !!!!!!!!

Not only that, but the guy actually dunks the ball in the paint, and has real NBA moves in the low post..

He's also slower than Chris Farley...of today.

Amon:

"No, the Grizzlies don't want Gooden. They want AV."

As the story makes clear, AV cannot be traded until summer and
If they want to deal Gasol with Cleveland it almost certainly would be Gooden plus.

I understand that. I was just making a point that Gasol will not be here, at least until after this season...which makes it even less likely of him ever being here at all.

My goodness, Amon..We have Z.. We know slow..

We also have Drew Gooden.. So again, we know slow... Just a different kind of slow in this case..

Pau's slow >>>> Drew's autistic slow..

My goodness, Amon..We have Z.. We know slow..

We also have Drew Gooden.. So again, we know slow... Just a different kind of slow in this case..

Pau's slow >>>> Drew's autistic slow..

Well, that is definitely true...:chuckles:

Question...is Drew legally allowed to play for the Special Olympics basketball team?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."