• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs should consider my trade idea

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JJ_PR

Sixth Man
Reaction score
Cleveland trades: Collin Sexton, J.R. Smith & Tristan Thompson

Orlando trades: Evan Fournier & Nikola Vucevic

Why for Cleveland? Acquire a couple of established players that fit into the roster. Fournier is severely underrated and Vucevic gives us a back to the basket big, which is very useful in the playoffs - get rid of two bad contracts in the process.

Why for Orlando? This is all about getting a very good prospect that could be their future at point guard. The Magic are a rebuilding team so trading away two win now players shouldn't hurt them at all.

PG: George Hill | Jordan Clarkson
SG: Evan Fournier
SF: Cedi Osman
PF: Kevin Love | Larry Nance
C: Nikola Vucevic | Ante Zizic

I realize that frontcourt defense could be an issue, but I don't think Vucevic is a downgrade in that regard over Thompson.

Last edited:

Why for Cleveland? Acquire a couple of established players that fit into the roster. Fournier is severely underrated and Vucevic gives us a back to the basket big, which is very useful in the playoffs - get rid of two bad contracts in the process.

Why for Orlando? This is all about getting a very good prospect that could be their future at point guard. The Magic are a rebuilding team so getting rid of two win now players shouldn't hurt them at all.

I realize that frontcourt defense could be an issue, but I don't think Vucevic is a downgrade in that regard over Thompson.

I wanna say bad things to you, but I won't.

giphy.gif

Guys, I realize that most of you are high on Sexton. His ceiling is Eric Bledsoe.

Having said that, would you trade a guy who has the potential to be Eric Bledsoe for two established players in Fournier & Vucevic?

I guess you already answered that question but still.

Guys, I realize that most of you are high on Sexton. His ceiling is Eric Bledsoe.

Having said that, would you trade a guy who has the potential to be Eric Bledsoe for two established players in Fournier & Vucevic?

I guess you already answered that question but still.

Anyone who thinks Sexton's ceiling is Eric Bledsoe isn't "high" on Sexton.

It's just... what kind of team are you trying to build with this trade? Vuc is going to be a free agent, and you'll have to overpay to keep him. Assuming he and Fournier are part of the long-term, you've basically put the first round exit ceiling on that team.

It just really doesn't make sense.

I'd love to trade for some more shitty defenders and bad contracts. Can never have too many of them.

Why for Orlando? This is all about getting a very good prospect that could be their future at point guard. The Magic are a rebuilding team so trading away two win now players shouldn't hurt them at all.

Because you are being serious, I will answer as seriously as I can.

This team is barely a playoff team, and in fact I have trouble convincing my self it is better than the team we have right now. It has no shot at a title. So unless there is a next step like say signing Kawhi, I dont understand why you would do it. The logic of signing Love is to field a competitive team while building the youth. I think Vucevic is a good player, but I would not see him as one of a big three. Certainly fournier is not in that class. If you were able to pair Vucevic with say Leonard and a healthy Kyrie, well that might be more interesting.

https://youtu.be/fkow1eWR7hg

Are you telling me the cavs can't use a guy like him on the roster? He and Love would easily be the best frontcourt in the league.

I don't think his contract situation is an issue. Cavs will have his bird rights, and less teams will have cap space next season. Derrick Favors got 36M for two seasons - I think 18M a season would be fair for both Vucevic and the cavs.

https://youtu.be/fkow1eWR7hg

Are you telling me the cavs can't use a guy like him on the roster? He and Love would easily be the best frontcourt in the league.

I don't think his contract situation is an issue. Cavs will have his bird rights, and less teams will have cap space next season. Derrick Favors got 36M for two seasons - I think 18M a season would be fair for both Vucevic and the cavs.

I don't think this is true. Can someone else confirm?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."