• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Chad Ford to leave ESPN

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

King

Rookie
Reaction score
Chad Ford To Leave ESPN
26th July, 2005 - 5:25 pm
Christopher Reina/RealGM - Multiple sources have confirmed that Chad Ford, NBA Insider for ESPN.com will be leaving his post in the coming weeks.

He will become a professor of international conflict
resolution at Brigham Young University-Hawaii.

Representatives from ESPN could not be reached for comment on Tuesday evening.

Ford joined ESPN in 2001 when sportsTALK.com became ESPN Insider, a subscription based service on the site.

Ford previously was the executive editor of sportsTALK.com, an internet sports site he co-founded with Jason Peery.

Prior to his role with sportsTALK, Ford graduated from Georgetown Law School, after earning a degree in history from Brigham Young University-Hawaii in 1995.

His NBA coverage has taken him all over the world scouting international talent and he has routinely broken important free agent signings and trades.

Though sometimes disputed, Ford’s impact and influence on NBA news has become unquestionable. He has always delivered a valuable wealth of information to his audience.

No word yet on who ESPN will tap to replace him.
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/36798/20050726/chad_ford_to_leave_espn/

I know a lot of people like to bash Ford but I find him to be interesting and entertaining. He does provide a lot of info and gives people things to talk about.

Hopefully ESPN adds a quality writer to replace him who can also provide as much info and news.

they say leave

we say FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well. What did he say about betting his job about larry brown being cavs president. :chuckles:

lol it looks better on ur resume to say u didnt get fired.

yeah haha, like the larry brown thing they say he quit he says he was fired lol...Chad Ford fudged too many rumors he took a lot of trades he dreamt up and filled them in there and when 1 would happen on a blue moon he would feel like king shit.

Ford would write stories based on actual rumors but at other times write stories just based on his opinion or what he would do if he were GM of a team. It seemed people had a difficult time being able to seperate the two.

At the time Ford reported about Larry Brown coming to the Cavs it was probably true. The problem is Larry Brown can't be trusted and changes his mind everyday.

I just hope ESPN doesn't hire some boring writer who provides little info and writes stories of no interest. Fans do enjoy reading about rumors or possible moves.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."