• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Chiefs dilemma

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Walter White

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Yea, I realize there aren't many Chiefs fans on this board other than me, but I still want to hear some of your guys opinions on what the Chiefs should do and the moves they have been making. I know alot of you can sympathize with having a sub par (to say the least) team.

So we have officially signed Andy Reid, which I am really excited about. I saw the numbers compared to our previous coaches and he is head and shoulders better than anything we have ever had. For some reason, some Chiefs fans are upset about it but I think it is a great sign. Second, Pioli officially decided to "part ways", which basically means he was fired without being officially fired. I really liked Pioli when he first came in and I knew he had alot of success in the past, but I'm happy he is out as well because he really didn't do crap and that is all that counts. Some Chiefs fans are mad about this as well but I'm happy. Kinda want to hear your guys opinions on that.

Now where it gets interesting. We have the number one pick, and we REALLY REALLY REALLY need a QB (did I emphazie that enough?). BUT, I don't think there are any QB's worth taking in this years draft at #1. And I don't want to waste a pick since we are in this opportunity. I don't know much about the other players in the draft that are worthy of #1 so help me out there. I'd rather us trade down than draft a QB at number one I think. Early last year, I really wanted Geno with how he was tearing it up, but he really fell off and I'm not so sure about him anymore. Manti Te'o at number one maybe? Anyone that has potential to be a pro bowler on defense for 10 plus year I would take as well. What is your guys opinions on this?

Either way, I'm glad for the fresh start.

I'm a Chiefs fan.

My opinion? OF COURSE they would get the #1 pick the year after RG3 and Luck...

Hyped for Geno! :coolugh:

Yea, I realize there aren't many Chiefs fans on this board other than me, but I still want to hear some of your guys opinions on what the Chiefs should do and the moves they have been making. I know alot of you can sympathize with having a sub par (to say the least) team.

So we have officially signed Andy Reid, which I am really excited about. I saw the numbers compared to our previous coaches and he is head and shoulders better than anything we have ever had. For some reason, some Chiefs fans are upset about it but I think it is a great sign. Second, Pioli officially decided to "part ways", which basically means he was fired without being officially fired. I really liked Pioli when he first came in and I knew he had alot of success in the past, but I'm happy he is out as well because he really didn't do crap and that is all that counts. Some Chiefs fans are mad about this as well but I'm happy. Kinda want to hear your guys opinions on that.

Now where it gets interesting. We have the number one pick, and we REALLY REALLY REALLY need a QB (did I emphazie that enough?). BUT, I don't think there are any QB's worth taking in this years draft at #1. And I don't want to waste a pick since we are in this opportunity. I don't know much about the other players in the draft that are worthy of #1 so help me out there. I'd rather us trade down than draft a QB at number one I think. Early last year, I really wanted Geno with how he was tearing it up, but he really fell off and I'm not so sure about him anymore. Manti Te'o at number one maybe? Anyone that has potential to be a pro bowler on defense for 10 plus year I would take as well. What is your guys opinions on this?

Either way, I'm glad for the fresh start.

Hopefully you trade down. Geno Smith isn't good enough for number one overall. If it were my team and i was forced to draft a qb prospect this year, I would trade down and draft a Tyler Bray and pick up a few more picks.

Exactly. It would be our luck that we get the number one pick with the worst QB draft in ages. I guess another option is we could try out Geno, and if he sucks, do it all over again next year and draft another QB. OR draft Geno and another QB in the second or third round and hope one of them isn't a bust. Kinda disrespectful though to do that to a number one pick and make them have competition for the job, but idgaf. As long as someone performs is all I care about. Flacco is on the market but I doubt the Chiefs could get him.

Hopefully you trade down. Geno Smith isn't good enough for number one overall. If it were my team and i was forced to draft a qb prospect this year, I would trade down and draft a Tyler Bray and pick up a few more picks.

Do you think Geno is even the best QB in the draft regardless? I doubt any QB this year is worth number one, but whoever the best QB in the draft is regardless is worth it for the Chiefs because we are that desperate.

On a draft forum I frequently go to, a Chiefs fan with the highest reputation on the board is excited for Reid. He believes Geno Smith to KC is essentially set in stone now - or Wilson. As far as not taking a QB number one, who would you or could you take? You're set at left tackle. Mantis Teo? A MLB number one? No way dude.

Quarterback is the most valuable position in all of sports. You don't take a nose tackle or MLB that's high because you're skeptically of the top QB talent.

As far as the set back of his underperformance - you suffer a set back of rolling with Brady Quinn also. Kansas City has been riding with traded for/free agent quarterbacks for thirty years. Don't you think it's time to at least TRY a homegrown product especially with Reid?

I will bet any amount of money you guys draft a quarterback. No way it doesn't happen. And I would be excited.

Well, they tried Romeo, Daboll, Quinn and Hillis. Now they are onto Shurmur, Heckert and Childress.

Next regime should be Palmer, Davis, Savage, Kokinis and Terry Robiskie.

Well, they tried Romeo, Daboll, Quinn and Hillis. Now they are onto Shurmur, Heckert and Childress.

Next regime should be Palmer, Davis, Savage, Kokinis and Terry Robiskie.

You know we are bad when we keep taking the Browns scraps every year. The Chiefs are the one thing that can always make you feel good about yourselves if you are playing bad. You just look over at the Chiefs and remember "Oh well, at least we aren't those guys" :D

I'm a Chargers fan. I hope you spend that #1 on Geno.

:chuckles:

In all seriousness, though, you guys would be better served trading down with that thing. There's no real bonafide #1 in this draft, imo. You guys aren't that far removed from being on top of the division -- there honestly probably isn't a whole ton that needs to be fixed. The most major thing has already been upgraded -- your head coach.

This year was just a down year for Cassel. I would honestly give him one more shot and see if he can return to his Pro Bowl form. He's 30 years old and probably still has a few more years at the very least left in the tank.

On the flip side of that argument, though, Reid has always been one to use a mobile quarterback in his offensive schemes. I would hardly call Cassel a mobile quarterback, even if he does scramble every so often. Maybe you guys will trade down and use a mid-late first rounder on a quarterback. Hard to say, especially with the GM position in flux (although I would be surprised if they didn't give most of the player decision control to Reid). I would look for Heckert to be a possibility to fill that vacancy.

One move could be trading for Brandon Weeden at qb. That is largely dependant on a few things. Browns are ready to move on, Tom Heckert becomes Gm with Pat Shurmur there in some capacity and Reid also liking Weeden.

The Chiefs are in an interesting position. While they are in dire need of QB, they most certainly do not want to use the pick on Smith. He can be a good player, but not #1 material. If I was KC, I would leak a bidding war between teams picking 7-10. First test the water for ARZ & BUF, and then disinform ESPN. Claim NY or another team shortly after is willing to give you more. Then see what the best offer is.

I have a feeling Buf will take a shot on Geno. They need a franchise QB badly. I cant think of the last one you could even claim was a franchise QB. Depending on what KC picks up in the trade, I may even try and trade down again to say 12-14 and pick up and additional picks.

I would much rather have the opportunity to pick a QB in the 2nd, move my 1st down, and pick up potential 1st or 2nd roudners.

I'm a Chargers fan. I hope you spend that #1 on Geno.

:chuckles:

In all seriousness, though, you guys would be better served trading down with that thing. There's no real bonafide #1 in this draft, imo. You guys aren't that far removed from being on top of the division -- there honestly probably isn't a whole ton that needs to be fixed. The most major thing has already been upgraded -- your head coach.

This year was just a down year for Cassel. I would honestly give him one more shot and see if he can return to his Pro Bowl form. He's 30 years old and probably still has a few more years at the very least left in the tank.

On the flip side of that argument, though, Reid has always been one to use a mobile quarterback in his offensive schemes. I would hardly call Cassel a mobile quarterback, even if he does scramble every so often. Maybe you guys will trade down and use a mid-late first rounder on a quarterback. Hard to say, especially with the GM position in flux (although I would be surprised if they didn't give most of the player decision control to Reid). I would look for Heckert to be a possibility to fill that vacancy.

Sorry we took Reid away from you :chuckles: But don't even get me started on Cassel man. I agree that we really aren't that far removed. We have alot of pieces. And coaches may be a big one that is hopefully solved, but QB is by far the biggest problem we have. And I would take just a decent QB at least, and we would be much much better. Cassel is terrible, and the one year he did decent was a fluke, not the other way around. With Reid coming in, as you said, Cassel isn't the type to fit his offense (or any offense for that matter). Cassel is gone one way or another, and thank God for that.

One move could be trading for Brandon Weeden at qb. That is largely dependant on a few things. Browns are ready to move on, Tom Heckert becomes Gm with Pat Shurmur there in some capacity and Reid also liking Weeden.

I'd rather have Vick than Weeden, well.... maybe not. I'd rather have either of them above Cassel or Quinn though. Ideally, I'd have a young QB with alot of potential to grow and has the tools to be successful. Maybe Geno is that guy. I don't know...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."