• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Chris Bosh

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Real Deal

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This could be the future safari thread.

Him and Miami officially parted ways and Bosh most likely still intends to play the game he loves, but is he past his issues?

Bleacher Report has his top destination as Cavs

"
It's good to be the King. If LeBron James can't guide his Cleveland Cavaliers to a successful title defense, history suggests he'll request the roster moves needed to return to that level. And Bosh, who averaged 20.0 points and 7.2 boards over his previous two seasons, would be an obvious target given his pedigree.

It's also good to play with the King, which Bosh knows firsthand. He was arguably at his most efficient alongside James and Dwyane Wade in Miami, where the trio produced four NBA Finals runs in as many years and two world titles. "He was one of the guys that made it fun to come into work," Bosh said of James on Larry King Now.

James has also publicly supported Bosh throughout this ordeal, telling reporters at training camp, "I just wish the best for him and he has my support."

Does this make him likely to land in Cleveland? Not at all. The Cavs have no clear vacancies along their expensive frontcourt, plus Bosh's presence might put unnecessary pressure on Kevin Love or Tristan Thompson. But if James believes Bosh helps the Cavs' championship chances, who is going to tell him no?"

It's all dependent on if he is cleared to play next season. Under the new CBA, "a panel of doctors selected by the league and the association would determine whether a player with a potentially life-threatening medical condition would be cleared to play."

If he is, i could see him coming here on an incentive-laden deal and i would welcome him with open arms.

It's all dependent on if he is cleared to play next season. Under the new CBA, "a panel of doctors selected by the league and the association would determine whether a player with a potentially life-threatening medical condition would be cleared to play."

If he is, i could see him coming here on an incentive-laden deal and i would welcome him with open arms.

If his issues are long gone, then I can see him playing bench minutes, I don't think he'll ever play heavy minutes considering his past. But we'll damn sure take his talent for 15-20 minutes a night.

If he gets the green light health wise.. and he likes the Idea of proving that he still can play while giving us the best Bench in the NBA.. yeah sure why not.

In 15-20 Minutes this could be great. He would be nice to have. He can Stretch the floor and is a very underrated Defender as seen when Lebron was in Miami. Also he is a high class, intelligent good Character guy.

Again IF healthy and he wants to come? sure.

Miami is paying him a ton of money, so playing with Cavs for the vet minimum should be a non issue.

Even if he doesn't play as much, he can be a great James Jones replacement.

Miami is paying him a ton of money, so playing with Cavs for the vet minimum should be a non issue.

Even if he doesn't play as much, he can be a great James Jones replacement.

Something tells me James Jones might be permanently glued to the bench as long as LeBron is in a Cavs uni.

One can be almost assured that Bosh is still getting his guaranteed salary from the Heat; and any money he makes in 17-18 through 18-19 will likely come out of that salary. So there is no incentive for Bosh to pursue anything greater than a veteran's minimum contract since no one is going to sign him for more than the $25M he's already guaranteed to make and that'd be the only way he could earn additional revenue.

In essence, Bosh trying to get paid more than the vet minimum would only serve to save the Mickey Arison money; since Bosh won't see a penny of it.

So, assuming this is the case (and I think it's very likely that it is) then Cavs, or really any team in the league, can sign Chris Bosh for the vet min.

So, with that said, why would Bosh not sign with Cleveland?

One can be almost assured that Bosh is still getting his guaranteed salary from the Heat; and any money he makes in 17-18 through 18-19 will likely come out of that salary. So there is no incentive for Bosh to pursue anything greater than a veteran's minimum contract since no one is going to sign him for more than the $25M he's already guaranteed to make and that'd be the only way he could earn additional revenue.

In essence, Bosh trying to get paid more than the vet minimum would only serve to save the Mickey Arison money; since Bosh won't see a penny of it.

So, assuming this is the case (and I think it's very likely that it is) then Cavs, or really any team in the league, can sign Chris Bosh for the vet min.

So, with that said, why would Bosh not sign with Cleveland?
It seems like he still will need to pass a test from doctors chosen by the NBA and then with the Cavs. If that happens, though, it seems almost obvious that he would sign with the Cavs. But, clearing the medical examinations is a huge hurdle.

It seems like he still will need to pass a test from doctors chosen by the NBA and then with the Cavs. If that happens, though, it seems almost obvious that he would sign with the Cavs. But, clearing the medical examinations is a huge hurdle.
Don't see it happening

Having Bosh play the 5, allowing TT to come back off the bench.

Bosh would provide that defensive/shot blocking presence at the 5. He's great at defending the pick-and-roll, too.

Not to mention, it gives us 5 floor spacers. Fuck, I hope it happens.

IF the Cavs lose to the Warriors, I have zero doubts that Bosh is going to join the Cavaliers. Especially if they lose in a commanding fashion.
The only thing the league cares about is the finals and they want to see two evenly matched teams going at it.

Having Bosh play the 5, allowing TT to come back off the bench.

Bosh would provide that defensive/shot blocking presence at the 5. He's great at defending the pick-and-roll, too.

Not to mention, it gives us 5 floor spacers. Fuck, I hope it happens.

I think Bosh would come off the bench, TBH.. Limited minutes for his first season.. Can't see him really having a problem with that. He has to know he'll never be "the man" ever again.. And being the first big off the bench is a great way to both get him back into game shape, and also test out this possibility of him playing in the NBA with his condition.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."