• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Browns 2017 Training Camp

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I also read Myles was out there running.

Plus, when Kizer was asked why he was running, he said he only gets 3 and 5 steps in practice dropping back and he wants to be in shape for the preseason and opener.

I got to admit, kid is saying all the right things. Hope he is a Tarzan that plays like Tarzan and not Jane, we have had enough Janes starting at QB.

I also read Myles was out there running.

Plus, when Kizer was asked why he was running, he said he only gets 3 and 5 steps in practice dropping back and he wants to be in shape for the preseason and opener.

I got to admit, kid is saying all the right things. Hope he is a Tarzan that plays like Tarzan and not Jane, we have had enough Janes starting at QB.

Yeah, but in fairness, most of our Janes were also built like Janes.

Brantley broke his finger/had surgery yesterday and will be out 1-2 weeks.

I was able to attend the teams first padded practice on Saturday. Here's my takeaway from it.

First of I was surprised at how many knowledgable fans that were sitting there. It seemed like everyone was there to scout the team. People knew all the players names and nobody really said outlandish shit which was nice. The team has also done an amazing job making the camp fan friendly. The new seating is awesome and they have all kinds of fan activities.

Anyway the thing you notice most going to see the Browns practice now is that the culture has changed. Hue Jackson has really changed the culture and you can see it in so many areas. The team is very very organized at practice. The players are always running to their next drill. Everything from the sidelines was smooth. It was like watching the best High School team in your area practice. It was high octane but controlled.

On to the players

Kessler has absolutely no zip on his throws. I'm disappointed because after hearing about how much he improved it was evident that he hasn't improved enough. He had way too many throws that just hung in the air or didn't have enough force behind them. On most of them you could hear the fans sort of groan because we could see how those throws would not fly in a game. I've thought about this for a minute but after his concussions last year and his physical limitations I think the writing is on the wall for Kessler. I don't see a valuable starter i this league when I see him.

Brock........This guy has the worse throwing angles I've ever seen live. His balls have the worse trajectory. You can see after the ball leaves his hand how the nose of the football is angling down towards the ground. I don't know if this has more to do with his height or his mechanics but it's horrible. He has no touch on throws under 10 yards. He throws a hard ball almost Weddenesque but he has no control over it. I don't think he's going to win the job. e were waiting for hm to have a few nice throws but it just wasn't there.

Kizer :):):):):):) lol I did not want to do this. I resisted every temptation. When he came out to take his reps there was applause that broke out in the stands:rolleyes: Not surprised because Browns Fans but man let me tell you....It was clear and I'm not an expert analyst or a scout but there's no way that you could've watched that practice and not come away thinking that this guy is clearly the best QB on the roster:dunno: He looked like a veteran more times than a rookie. His arm is special. He was making throws that Kessler and Brock simply can't make lolololol and it was obvious to everyone there. I'll just say this. barring injury I will be absolutely stunned if Kizer isn't the starter week 1. Right now it looks like the only thing that's working against him is time. Kessler and Brock still have time to show that they can be the starter but they have some work to do. If the season started next week I'm confident that Kizer would be the starter.

Elsewhere
Crow looks like a RB playing for a contract. A lot of pop
Duke Johnson was more involved in the pass game then the run game
Dayse looked really really good. he had the three best runs of the day and he lays the wood.
Njoku is a physical freak that is a matchup nightmare. He was lining up everywhere and he moves so fluid. He was lethal after the catch.
DaValve was really nice. They use him a lot. They looked like Gronk and Aaron Hernandez from a few years ago. They were both a handful.
Cory Coleman was attacking the ball. That was good to see. He looks more comfortable and you can tell he learned a lot.
Britt looks like he could be a team captain. He made some plays but he looked like a guy that has the respect of the players.
Nassib is a tallllll drink of water. Kessler did not throw a pass on his side of the line. Ogbah batted two of Kessler's passes as well.
Garrett didn't have any moments but the team was working him along like they said they would after his injury.
Larry Ogunjobi was in the backfield a lot. He had like three TFL and would've had two sacks.
Jamie Collins lined up at at least 5 different positions. He's such a good player to watch :love struck:
Kindred might be the hardest hitter o the team. He knocked three balls loose on hits.
Peppers was really smooth on PR's. He lined up mostly at safety. Alford dropped 5 balls on PR's.

There was a pretty normal training camp fight. Nothing crazy but Danny Shelton was right in the middle of it.

I was able to attend the teams first padded practice on Saturday. Here's my takeaway from it.

First of I was surprised at how many knowledgable fans that were sitting there. It seemed like everyone was there to scout the team. People knew all the players names and nobody really said outlandish shit which was nice. The team has also done an amazing job making the camp fan friendly. The new seating is awesome and they have all kinds of fan activities.

Anyway the thing you notice most going to see the Browns practice now is that the culture has changed. Hue Jackson has really changed the culture and you can see it in so many areas. The team is very very organized at practice. The players are always running to their next drill. Everything from the sidelines was smooth. It was like watching the best High School team in your area practice. It was high octane but controlled.

On to the players

Kessler has absolutely no zip on his throws. I'm disappointed because after hearing about how much he improved it was evident that he hasn't improved enough. He had way too many throws that just hung in the air or didn't have enough force behind them. On most of them you could hear the fans sort of groan because we could see how those throws would not fly in a game. I've thought about this for a minute but after his concussions last year and his physical limitations I think the writing is on the wall for Kessler. I don't see a valuable starter i this league when I see him.

Brock........This guy has the worse throwing angles I've ever seen live. His balls have the worse trajectory. You can see after the ball leaves his hand how the nose of the football is angling down towards the ground. I don't know if this has more to do with his height or his mechanics but it's horrible. He has no touch on throws under 10 yards. He throws a hard ball almost Weddenesque but he has no control over it. I don't think he's going to win the job. e were waiting for hm to have a few nice throws but it just wasn't there.

Kizer :):):):):):) lol I did not want to do this. I resisted every temptation. When he came out to take his reps there was applause that broke out in the stands:rolleyes: Not surprised because Browns Fans but man let me tell you....It was clear and I'm not an expert analyst or a scout but there's no way that you could've watched that practice and not come away thinking that this guy is clearly the best QB on the roster:dunno: He looked like a veteran more times than a rookie. His arm is special. He was making throws that Kessler and Brock simply can't make lolololol and it was obvious to everyone there. I'll just say this. barring injury I will be absolutely stunned if Kizer isn't the starter week 1. Right now it looks like the only thing that's working against him is time. Kessler and Brock still have time to show that they can be the starter but they have some work to do. If the season started next week I'm confident that Kizer would be the starter.

Elsewhere
Dayse looked really really good. he had the three best runs of the day and he lays the wood.
Njoku is a physical freak that is a matchup nightmare. He was lining up everywhere and he moves so fluid. He was lethal after the catch.
DaValve was really nice. They use him a lot. They looked like Gronk and Aaron Hernandez from a few years ago. They were both a handful.
Cory Coleman was attacking the ball. That was good to see. He looks more comfortable and you can tell he learned a lot.
Britt looks like he could be a team captain. He made some plays but he looked like a guy that has the respect of the players.
Nassib is a tallllll drink of water. Kessler did not throw a pass on his side of the line. Ogbah batted two of Kessler's passes as well.
Garrett didn't have any moments but the team was working him along like they said they would after his injury.
Larry Ogunjobi was in the backfield a lot. He had like three TFL and would've had two sacks.
Jamie Collins lined up at at least 5 different positions. He's such a good player to watch :love struck:
Kindred might be the hardest hitter o the team. He knocked three balls loose on hits.
Peppers was really smooth on PR's. He lined up mostly at safety. Alford dropped 5 balls on PR's.

There was a pretty normal training camp fight. Nothing crazy but Danny Shelton was right in the middle of it.
Thanks for sharing, this was a great breakdown.

That's good to hear. As we have said, either keep him if another team isn't going to overpay like crazy, or look at Guice/Barkley.

I've seen some of the highlights and he has made some great catches. I can't wait to see him come out of the slot more.

Did he drop a ton? I thought someone on here said Njoku wasn't catching for shit? But maybe he's just mistaken.

Attacking AND catching most of them? Or just showing more grit :chuckle: and strength?

Peppers was really smooth on PR's. He lined up mostly at safety.

How did he look at safety?

Kessler has absolutely no zip on his throws. I'm disappointed because after hearing about how much he improved it was evident that he hasn't improved enough.

That does suck. Especially with all the offseason hype of him gaining muscle.

You just made so many people on here not be able to stand up for a couple minutes at work right now.

Thanks for the update/share. :celb (23):

Did he drop a ton? I thought someone on here said Njoku wasn't catching for shit? But maybe he's just mistaken.

He dropped one pass but it was one of Brocks misguided missiles. Him and DeValve are going to be Red Zone threats. They are so athletic. A pair of young Gary's out there. The old man would be a proud papa :(

Attacking AND catching most of them? Or just showing more grit :chuckle: and strength?

He went up and got three of them and high pointed them. I should also say that Joe Haden doesn't look like he's being slowed down. He might be back to normal finally.

How did he look at safety?

Natural. He didn't look lost. Lined up in a few different spots. Was around the ball a lot.

That does suck. Especially with all the offseason hype of him gaining muscle.

It's just clear that as of right now he's not the guy or at least the team doesn't look like it's his. Brock still looks bad. Kizer was the only one who made throws that you need to see on Sundays.

Since most backfield hits are on the qb and this is practice, I am assuming TFL in this case means touches for loss?

Since most backfield hits are on the qb and this is practice, I am assuming TFL in this case means touches for loss?

No, he got in the backfield and tackled Crow twice and he got Dayse. And he looks like a goddamn American Gladiator :chuckle:

That's another thing. We actually look like a football team now. Just on appearance alone we have some monsters unlike years past. These guys look like they are in tremendous shape.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."