• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

College Football: Who has the Worst Fans Conversation

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

chrisrich91

6/19/2016
Staff member
Reaction score
92.3 played an interview from yesterday evening between Ken Carmen and Jabrill Peppers.

Ken asked how the reception has been from Buckeye fans in the area with his UM background. He responded with "uh..to be honest, not very well".

And even after Carmen tried to cheer him up saying it'll be different when he starts making plays on Sundays, he kind of brushed it off and said he won't worry about the fans. It was tremendously disappointing to hear.

God, I hate people.

92.3 played an interview from yesterday evening between Ken Carmen and Jabrill Peppers.

Ken asked how the reception has been from Buckeye fans in the area with his UM background. He responded with "uh..to be honest, not very well".

And even after Carmen tried to cheer him up saying it'll be different when he starts making plays on Sundays, he kind of brushed it off and said he won't worry about the fans. It was tremendously disappointing to hear.

God, I hate people.

He will quickly learn that Browns fans could give a fuck where he went when he's winning on Sundays.

I'm not too worried about it at all. Ohio has passionate fans. There's good and bad that come with that. He'll appreciate the good a hell of a lot more then the bad once this ball gets rolling.

He will quickly learn that Browns fans could give a fuck where he went when he's winning on Sundays.

I'm not too worried about it at all. Ohio has passionate fans. There's good and bad that come with that. He'll appreciate the good a hell of a lot more then the bad once this ball gets rolling.

I agree.

But I'm not keen on rationalizing what is clearly ignorant behavior by Buckeye fanboys. Passion and stupidity don't have to be a package deal.

Anyone more worried about giving this kid grief for being from Michigan than cheering for our 1st round pick shouldn't call themselves a Browns fan.

Steelers fans take pride in stealing Buckeyes from fans in Ohio. I understand the rivalry changes things but shouldn't we find pleasure in stealing Jabrill, an absolute fan favorite, from the scumbags in Ann Arbor?

I hope Jabrill comes out fast because a slow start will only pile on and make things that much more difficult.

And this is coming from an OSU fan. It's just dumb.

Agree with this. It's garbage to talk shit to a Browns player because of his college. I love OSU, but I'm a guy from Cleveland who is a fan of the Browns first. Nevertheless, I wouldn't say anything about it if I loved OSU more than the Browns.

Agree with this. It's garbage to talk shit to a Browns player because of his college. I love OSU, but I'm a guy from Cleveland who is a fan of the Browns first. Nevertheless, I wouldn't say anything about it if I loved OSU more than the Browns.

There's a fine line between "talking shit" and being playful about it.

When Braylon Edwards was catchinng 17 TDs in a season, Browns fans loved him. When he was dropping passes, Browns fans booed him for dropping passes, and he passed it off like they were actually doing it because he went to Michigan.

Steve Everitt got fined for wearing a Browns bandana as a member of the Ratbirds right after the move. Campy Russell is still working for the Cavs.

Get shit done on the field, Jabril.

Last edited:
There's a fine line between "talking shit" and being playful about it.

Being playful is equally stupid and annoying.

He is a public figure that has to hear "playful" OSU fans talk "playful" trash dozens of times a day. It is not playful, it is disrespectful and ignorant.

I used to bartend on Purdue's campus and OSU fans are the absolute worst fans in the big ten. Arrogant, disrespectful, and just down right entitled assholes. I was embarrassed when we played OSU at home to be from Ohio.

And quite frankly, I find it embarrassing how they are treating Peppers as a Browns fan.

Being playful is equally stupid and annoying.

He is a public figure that has to hear "playful" OSU fans talk "playful" trash dozens of times a day. It is not playful, it is disrespectful and ignorant.

I used to bartend on Purdue's campus and OSU fans are the absolute worst fans in the big ten. Arrogant, disrespectful, and just down right entitled assholes. I was embarrassed when we played OSU at home to be from Ohio.

And quite frankly, I find it embarrassing how they are treating Peppers as a Browns fan.

Do you think he actually gives a shit? If he does, he fucking shouldn't.

He just became a millionaire for christ sakes. I'm sure he can deal with a couple of bad OSU jokes a day.

Do you think he actually gives a shit? If he does, he fucking shouldn't.

He just became a millionaire for christ sakes. I'm sure he can deal with a couple of bad OSU jokes a day.

It would be very grinding on even the most light hearted people.

Yes he is now very rich, but he still has a job to do and is very stressed right now. Every little annoying OSU fanboy is just a small dagger at him that he just doesnt need now.

The way some fans think of these ball player is like they are not human and have no emotions or feelings.

Its quite ridiculous actually. If money solved everything then why do so many multi millionaires kill themselves? Much hire rate of suicide than non millionaires.

It would be very grinding on even the most light hearted people.

Yes he is now very rich, but he still has a job to do and is very stressed right now. Every little annoying OSU fanboy is just a small dagger at him that he just doesnt need now.

The way some fans think of these ball player is like they are not human and have no emotions or feelings.

Its quite ridiculous actually. If money solved everything then why do so many multi millionaires kill themselves? Much hire rate of suicide than non millionaires.

Pay me millions of dollars a year to go play football in Michigan. I'll be the first to sign up.

Woe is me.

I swear every group of college fans is supposedly THE WORST group of college fans somebody's experienced.

I've now heard this about Michigan, Florida, Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, UCF, USF and University of Miami fans from different sources. Surely out of all these teams, only one can be the worst group of fans?

I have news for you...you're experiencing drunken fans rooting for a bunch of large men on a football field to score more points than another team. It's highly unlikely that any one large group of people are any worse than another at doing this. It's your personal experience with these people.

As for Peppers...what the fuck ever. He'll get it over it. As will whomever these stupid fans were that gave him a hard time. It's not a big deal if they gave him a hard time for playing for a different team from a different state.

Good God guys.

PS Florida fans are the worst.

My post from before
If "osu fan boys" are bothering him, then I can't imagine him playing away games in the NFL. The same guys giving him shit now, will be the one's cheering for him when he's blowing up a run play, sacking the qb or looking like Cribbs in the return game.

I'm excited for him and our defense this year and I'm an Ohio State alumni. Unless he sucks.. Then bring out the fan boys!!! :chuckle:

Hating anyone before you see who they are and see their potential contributions is a prejudice. Peppers shouldn't have to face a prejudice because he is about to sustain four or five brain altering concussions for Cleveland in the next few years. It's just poor form to treat a rookie like this.

Pay me millions of dollars a year to go play football in Michigan. I'll be the first to sign up.

Woe is me.

If only life worked that way.

He isnt complaining, but lots of pressure is on him as a 1st round pick, he still has emotions. Yes lots of us would love to be in his position, doesnt mean the fans going after him because he played at Michigan are any less of assholes.

Just because he is making millions does not mean OSU fans are not assholes. One has nothing to do with the other. And yes it is making his life more difficult for no reason.

They're not bothering him.

He was asked about the reception, he said it sucks. He was being honest about how shitty fans can be, I suppose.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."