• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Curry On His Way To Visit Atlanta

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
The Hawks could have a really exciting team this year since they seem serious about signing some good free agents, between Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, Al Harrington and Josh Childress, thats a pretty good team with alot of potential add a healthy Eddy Curry to the mix and you got a potential playoff team.

Bulls center Eddy Curry said Sunday he plans to make a free-agent visit to Atlanta but is not sure when he’ll make the trip.

“It’s part of the whole process, I think,” Curry said in a phone conversation. “At this point, I can’t see myself playing for any team but Chicago. But it’s pretty much out of my hands.

“I’ll just do what I have to do and hopefully at the end of the day, I’ll still be in Chicago.”

Curry is a restricted free agent, and the Bulls have the right to match any offer sheet he signs with another team. Atlanta has roughly $24 million available to spend on free agents this summer.

Curry said he has not had meaningful discussions with any other NBA teams.

General manager John Paxson has repeatedly stressed the Bulls will match any offer to restricted free agents Curry, Tyson Chandler and Chris Duhon. If the Hawks are serious about obtaining Curry, though, it could launch sign-and-trade discussions.

The teams may be agreeable to swapping Curry for 6-foot-9 power forward Al Harrington. Atlanta needs a center badly and just drafted another power forward, North Carolina freshman Marvin Williams, with the No. 2 pick.

Harrington, 25, averaged 17.5 points and 7.0 rebounds for the Hawks, who posted the NBA’s worst record last season.

Curry just finished his first week of workouts with personal trainer Tim Grover following three months of inactivity due to a heart condition. Curry said the workouts are going well.
Source

Well, if they're willing to spend the money that it takes to get him and some others, they can probably build up a pretty good team down there in ATL.
They have had bad luck sometimes, which has put them down, but if they can invest in Curry + some other ok/good players, they might be able to get it going in a few years.

Curry will be a good addition to the Josh-duo, Harrington (if he doesn't get traded), Williams. Chandler will just be something to fill the empty spot with, cause he's nothing.

And look at this... ATL offered Joe Johnson 5 years 70 million...

News
If the Suns intend to retain swingman Joe Johnson, they will likely have to match a five-year, $70 million offer that Johnson has received from the Hawks, the Arizona Republic reports. According to the report, Johnson has been told that the Suns will indeed match the offer.

Views
In dealing Quentin Richardson, the Suns made it clear they will do everything in their power to keep Johnson. The Atlanta offer is higher than their initial proposal, but they won't let him walk.

Well, it looks like they are willing to invest the money to get a better team. Good for them, I've felt bad for them over the years.
But $70 million over 5 years for Joe Johnson, that sounds quite redicilous to me. *Overpay*

70 mil over 5 years, in this market, is what they have to pay. Max contract. Hey, at least it's not 6 year 92 mil. That's what Phoenix is thinking.

That aside, Atlanta should sign up Curry to the max. Please. And Chicago should match it. Or at least I hope. That way we can make a good run at Chandler. But that's doubtful. Seems like the other Paxson will be smarter and let Curry walk.

A front court of Al Harrington and Eddie Curry will not be a factor defensively. They will both be exposed by teams with a stronger big men.

But their wing positions look promising. Josh Smith and Childress will eventually become a solid pair.

The Suns hopefully will match the offer, and the Bulls will hopefully match any max offers unless we make a stab at him....

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."