• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dahntay Jones is back

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I actually love this pick up. Wow, that was kind of unexpected. He might even be able to step in and take Shumpert's role or RJ's right off the bat. Assuming his defense is still top notch, but his shooting numbers look quite impressive. I'm actually not that down on RJ, he gives us solid minutes most of the time, but Shump is either hurt or awful on the floor when he can play this year.

edit- Didn't realize he was 35 though. I thought he was like 30. But if he can still play lock up defense, he can find a role on this team.

Last edited:
Gives us a body to play tonight. Also, I am sure they waited to the last day to sign him, as it limits the luxury tax payment. Should not sniff a min in the playoffs, but good for tonight.

This only leads me to believe that Shumpert is more hurt than initially led on.

This only leads me to believe that Shumpert is more hurt than initially led on.
I was thinking the same thing. Shump is far quicker and has some of the best defensive hands I have ever seen, but Dahntay can stay in front of his man and thats all you can ask for.

I find it funny when fans just write off someone. Reminds me of how Windhorst pretty much wrote off Joe Johnson, and he's been a great asset to the Heat (darn!). Or Delly last year. I could go on. Let's see what he does. Cavs clearly need help defensively, and need height at the guard spot. They even played McRae in Monday's big game, so they need help there. I think the Cavs were waiting to see who might be injured, and Shump's been injured. We don't need more scoring, and this guy can play D and not whine about touches. He was also fined last year for bumping into Green of GSW during a post game interview, so he has that going for himself. Maybe a little bit of an enforcer?

Here's what Green said about the bump, courtesy of ESPN: "Green had said the bump should warrant scrutiny, saying, "I definitely expect that to be reviewed by the NBA. For him to look at me, look at me again, and bump me when I'm doing a postgame interview -- that's really smart, too, when it's on ABC. The postgame interview is the highlight of that segment and you bump somebody.""

I had no idea he was still playing basketball for a living.

Jones (6-6, 225) and Green is his Beotch.
What is NOT to like?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."