• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dalembert to re-sign for $75 million contract

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LyXo

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
Dalembert To Re-Sign For $75 Million Dollars?
14th July, 2005 - 6:11 pm
RealGM - A rumor floating around the internet supposedly of NY Post origins state that the buzz in Summer League: Las Vegas among GMs was that one of the top free-agent centers, Samuel Dalembert, verbally agreed on a $70M to $75M deal to stick with Philly.

According to the new CBA, if this is true, Dalembert (who's been a backup for a big part of his career), but is still one of those "potential" players, could be averaging about $12 Million in Yearly Salary at 10.5% Increases. [READ]

RealGM.com

Wow, turns out he'd be more expensive than Z. Good thing we didn't bother chasing him with the potential to lose Z. He has great upside, but 12 mil a year is a lot to pay for upside.

That is insane he has yet to really do much other then to block some shots and get 10 and 10. Philly is going to be kicking themselves hard when they realize teh best he can do is 15 10. Which ain't worth 12 mill a year. They have 0 cap room now, Webber 21 million Iverson 15 or 16 million Dalembert 12 million. Iggy 2 million or so plus the rest of their roster. I say we go over cap a little and sign Korver.

I don't think its too bad. We did something similar with Z 5 years ago (or whenever he signed his big contract), only the numbers were skewed lower because of inflation.

Now he can settle in and focus on his game, and earn his pay. My money is betting he does...

$75 million?wow i love his athleticism and his length but man i dont know about the moneys he would be getting.i really like him but he hasnt proven enough to get that big contract.I guess they are paying him thinking he will become that all star center which i think he can too.but thats a lot of money.

ChicagoCavFan said:
I don't think its too bad. We did something similar with Z 5 years ago (or whenever he signed his big contract), only the numbers were skewed lower because of inflation.

Z showed more than potential. Z showed he was going to be one of the all time great centers when he got his fat contract. Unfortunately, he broked his feet. And we know the story.

This kind of a contract for dalembert is crazy. Basically all he relies on right now is his athleticism and hustle. He has no basketball I.Q. He is the classic case for an under acheiver to be, and now he has this contract to live up to? If this is true, WOW.

Makes me feel really good about the contract we gave Z. Dalembert really hasnt done much to deserve such a huge contract. It seems like nowadays you have to give away max contracts if you want a quality player.

I do think DBert is gonna be one of the top C's in the NBA. He has a lot of potential. Its a huge contract for him to live up to though.

AI is never going to go anywhere with that team..

Its a shame because he is a really talented player that has been surrounding by crap for the majority of his career because they are always cap strapped, and they sign this bum to that contract.

Pathetic..

It is just a rumor but that amount is about what Dalembert will get. This is why it made no sense to do what some suggested in recent months to let go of Z and sign Dalembert, Curry or Chandler instead. Those 3 are going to take a ton of money to sign and none are as proven or not close to as good offensively as Z.

Z's contract is fairly reasonable when you look at the money that stiffs like Jerome James and Adonal Foyle got the past 2 years.

This is what I and many others were saying all along. These restricted FA's were going to get overpaid for what they may be able to do, although they have rarely shown it. Dalembert may be long and athletic, but he can be compared with Gooden when it comes down to smarts. Hopefully this may finally realise what gold we have in Ilgauskas.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."