• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Debate: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Jabari Parker or Towns/Wiggins

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which combination would you rather have and why?

• Giannis Antetokounmpo/Jabari Parker

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • Karl-Anthony Towns/Andrew Wiggins

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simon

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

This is a very interesting question because both Towns and Antetokounmpo are generational talents and franchise players.

Really curious to see what everyone else says....

Giannis and Parker. Giannis has already made the leap to a superstar caliber player. Towns is almost assuredly going to get there, but he isn't yet, so there's a slight risk.

But the difference is the growing gap between Parker and Wiggins. Parker has moved solidly ahead of Wiggins in the pecking order of the '14 draft.

As good as KAT is, I am not sure he has the upside still of The Greek Freak. Maybe he does? Big men take longer, but man Giannis is 7 feet tall and sees the floor like a HOF. It will be hard to top his impact as a big man.

Wiggins shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the other three.

Shouldn't this be KAT and Joe Harris instead to make it a little more evenly matched?

But really think the Bucks run away with this one

How about this one which I think is closer

KAT/Wiggins
Heyward/Gobert

I dont think its closer, love what KAT brings, take him and Wiggins all day.

As for the first, Greek Freak and Parker for sure too.

I dont think its closer, love what KAT brings, take him and Wiggins all day.

As for the first, Greek Freak and Parker for sure too.
Well I don't think Parker/freak is particularly close

IMO giannis>KAT and Parker>Wiggins

At least in the other you have Heyward being clearly better than Wiggins and Gobert worse than KAT (even though I think it's narrow)

I take heyward and gobert btw

I think KAT will be the best player, but it's going to be very close. Giannis is legit and he's going to be a top-5 player in only a few years, if not less. Parker looks like he can be a multi-time all-star and great scorer. Wiggins hasn't shown me anything more than he'll be an above-average role player, ala Rudy Gay.

So yeah, I'm taking Bucks in a landslide.

Wiggins shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the other three.

Re-read the question of the Tweet. It is about the combination of who's better.

I would take Giannis alone over KAT/Wiggins. Dude is a monster. I think he's the best at just about everything out of those 4 players other than the three ball and KAT is probably a better rebounder. But he's the best passer, scorer, defender, and playmaker of the four.

GA just impacts so much of the game being a ballhandler, and there are so many other things he does well also. He's on a trajectory toward being the best player in the NBA in 2-3 years. And we coulda had him... :moody:

Oh well, at least a small market team got him.

Last edited:
Giannis/Parker

Giannis is once-in-a-generation type of talent, he truly was one of those""home run or strike out" type of players. A "Christian Eyenga" if you will :chuckle::chuckle:. Except Giannis is a 900 foot steroid-era grand slam in game 7 of the world series and Eyenga is a strike-out where the swing was so hard you tore your rotator cuff .

He's a legit 7 feet tall. He's remarkably young. His floor game is stellar. He gets to learn from Jason Kidd. He plays WINNING basketball. He's clearly an alpha-dog. Who the hell wants to guard that dude in crunch time?

I could see him seriously being LeBron-lite and averaging 26-7-7 for like 7 years straight once he hits his prime. And not LeBron-lite in a bad way. Tyreke Evans is LeBron-lite in a bad way. Giannis is LeBron-lite in that, holy shit, this dude might be 80-90% as good as one of the top 3 players of all time.

He absolutely should also become the best defender in the NBA or at least right up there with Gobert/Kawhi.

My vote was cast more as an indictment of wiggins' one dimensional inefficiency than anything to do with towns and giannis. Both are studs, just giannis is slightly ahead on the same journey

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."