• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

DeMarcus Cousins-Kings drama

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I think he ends up a Celtic. Reunites with Thomas.

You just have to wonder about Cousins. IF he'll ever grow out of this coach-killer phase and just play.

Vivek is making this so much harder than it needs to be. The Kings should be a competitive team by now.

Fire Vlade for being an instigating dumbass. Trade Boogie for a haul. Tank for a top 3 pick. You'll be right back on track.

Last edited:
Surprised Karl is still coaching: he looks like a walking skeleton out there after his cancer bout

You just have to wonder about Cousins. IF he'll ever grow out of this coach-killer phase and just play.
He cant just play though. This is probably the most talented team he has, and theyre still hot garbage. Since he has been there, they have drafted Whiteside (and gave up on the project), Jimmer, Thomas Robinson, Ben McLemore, Ray McCallum, Stauskas, and now WCS. McLemore probably has had the longest history with the Kings of that group. They drafted shitty, and then traded out immediately...multiple times. I dont even want to look into the trades theyve made, and the money they have wasted on fre agents.

Divac is an instigating prick, and George Karl is a coach stuck far far in the past. Cousins just needs to leave and find a franchise with a backbone & direction. Dont give him the keys to the car until he earns it. Sacto tried giving him everything and put a shitty product around him. Of course hes pissed.

The Kings are the Browns of the NBA. Awful/meddlesome ownership, terrible management, and a shit product.
Not to mention the frustration of having incredibly talented players with the shit product. Cousins is an elite talent, Rondo and Gay are good, and Willie Caulie-Stein has the talent to be an all-nba defensive talent. Must be terrible to be a Kings fan. As you said, us Clevelanders can relate :chuckle:

Hell...find me an all star caliber starter they drafted since Peja.

Hell...find me an all star caliber starter they drafted since Peja.

Peja was Drafted in 1996, so let's see. And since you said All-Star Caliber I'll run under the premise that they could of made an all-star team under the right circumstances.

1999 - Jason Williams <-- Pretty sure he took the league by storm when he was a rookie and helped lead the teams with Webber to the Playoffs before Bibby.
2004 - Kevin Martin <-- In his prime was a top 10-15 scorer in the NBA despite being on the worst teams in Kings history, hey we didn't say they had to be a winner.
2009 - Tyreke Evans <-- Rookie Year showed he had the potential to be one. Regressed though, I'm only listing him because of his rookie year of 20,5,5
2010 - Demarcus Cousins <-- Love him or hate him, he's a supremely talented knucklehead.
2011 - Isaiah Thomas <-- Pretty sure your familiar with him since you played him last year in the playoffs. He plays his tail off for every inch he's worth.

Peja was Drafted in 1996, so let's see. And since you said All-Star Caliber I'll run under the premise that they could of made an all-star team under the right circumstances.

1999 - Jason Williams <-- Pretty sure he took the league by storm when he was a rookie and helped lead the teams with Webber to the Playoffs before Bibby.
2004 - Kevin Martin <-- In his prime was a top 10-15 scorer in the NBA despite being on the worst teams in Kings history, hey we didn't say they had to be a winner.
2009 - Tyreke Evans <-- Rookie Year showed he had the potential to be one. Regressed though, I'm only listing him because of his rookie year of 20,5,5
2010 - Demarcus Cousins <-- Love him or hate him, he's a supremely talented knucklehead.
2011 - Isaiah Thomas <-- Pretty sure your familiar with him since you played him last year in the playoffs. He plays his tail off for every inch he's worth.

So no All Stars then.

At any rate, All Star Games are a marketing spectacle. That really shouldn't be the measurement of a good player or good roster.

The fact of the matter is, Vivek is the closest the NBA has to Haslam for the Browns.

He came in and threw around his wallet. Sacramento needed to save the franchise from going to Seattle and he deserves credit for that.

But they went from Geoff Petrie - a top GM - to Vlade Divac in an incrimental destruction of front office authority, just as the Browns get a worse and worse reputation among coaching and scouting circles.

Meddlesome owners who treat a franchise as their own personal playthings don't win, and they end up with yes men in powerful positions.

Vivek is making this so much harder than it needs to be. The Kings should be a competitive team by now.

Fire Vlade for being an instigating dumbass. Trade Boogie for a haul. Tank for a top 3 pick. You'll be right back on track.
"right back on track" is way, way too premature. lets say they trade cousins to boston for the nets pick + some other assorted minor pieces (i personally wouldn't do it for boston, but ignoring that for now..). that's relatively feasible. cousins might put up stats but the fact remains that he's been the biggest, most disruptive headcase in the league for half a decade. that is a big, big red flag and he's just not someone you can simply insert into any situation.

even then, realistically they currently have one highly valuable long-term piece, and one potentially ok long-term piece. that's it. granted, with their pick and the nets pick they'd likely have 2 in the top 6 as one of the worst case scenarios. those guys are still wildcards though; not remotely close to a sure-fire thing.

they would be in a better position than they are now, yes. but so much would be riding on those 2 high 2016 picks that it's way too early to say they're on the right track at all. would it shock anyone if they completely fumbled them? anyone answering yes to that needs their head checked.

the team needs to completely tear it down, but given the organization itself there's more than a few reasons to be highly skeptical of how they'd even handle the rebuild in the first place. acknowledging its necessity is only the first step in a very long process. opportunities for them to subsequently screw it up will be plentiful.

Not to mention the frustration of having incredibly talented players with the shit product. Cousins is an elite talent, Rondo and Gay are good, and Willie Caulie-Stein has the talent to be an all-nba defensive talent. Must be terrible to be a Kings fan. As you said, us Clevelanders can relate :chuckle:
absolutely not.

As far as Vlade being a "instigating dumbass", which is absurd by the way as he is President of Basketball Operations and GM and has a right to do what he did in that meeting and he is far from being a dumb human being, I'm pretty sure that you'd love the guy if he was defending Lebron or Irving from being traded if rumors were flying everywhere about it and he stood his ground despite all of it.
So no All Stars then.

At any rate, All Star Games are a marketing spectacle. That really shouldn't be the measurement of a good player or good roster.

The fact of the matter is, Vivek is the closest the NBA has to Haslam for the Browns.

He came in and threw around his wallet. Sacramento needed to save the franchise from going to Seattle and he deserves credit for that.

But they went from Geoff Petrie - a top GM - to Vlade Divac in an incrimental destruction of front office authority, just as the Browns get a worse and worse reputation among coaching and scouting circles.

Meddlesome owners who treat a franchise as their own personal playthings don't win, and they end up with yes men in powerful positions.

Pretty sure Demarcus Cousins made the All-Star Team last year, but you are correct otherwise. But I'd give Vlade a season before we call him an absolute disaster.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."