• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Derrick Rose Traded to Knicks for scrap metal

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TyGuy

Make America a good boy again.
Reaction score
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242324/Knicks-Acquire-Derrick-Rose-From-Bulls

The New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls have agreed upon a Derrick Rose trade.

The Bulls will send Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 second rounder to the Knicks for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon.

Rose will be a free agent in 2017.

After not playing at all in the 12-13 season, Rose played in just 10 games in 13-14 before playing in 51 in 14-15 and in 66 in 15-16.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242324/Knicks-Acquire-Derrick-Rose-From-Bulls

Lopez can actually play, but wow, who would have ever thought that this guy's value would sink this low before even hitting 30?

You have to think that the knicks will go after dwight howard as well. If it were me I would be playing porzingis at center and going after another wing (barnes lol).

Knicks taking a chance on Rose. Barnes is not worth as much as Howard especially if he comes to play.

Quick. Someone make a "YES. WE. DID." photo of their new Big 3 (Melo, Rose, Porzingis).

Yeah, mentioned Howard in another thread.. Knicks makes some sense as well, I suppose -- also think Pacers are an option for him too.

Am I dumb thinking that isn't a playoff team...?
I mean, it's the East, but no. I wouldn't bet on them making the playoffs. No depth, three old stars, two of which can't win you games anymore, and a kid still trying to get acclimated to the league. At best (for them), we'll get to beat them in the first round next year.

Does this mean there is a real possibility that Pau Gasol might sign here?

Does this mean there is a real possibility that Pau Gasol might sign here?

It's possible.. but man, that's so unlikely.

Why sign for $3.5M when you could likely get double that from the Spurs?

It's possible.. but man, that's so unlikely.

Why sign for $3.5M when you could likely get double that from the Spurs?

True. But we have the "Defending Champs"- and "We play in the fucking East"-Argument :chuckle:

Derrick Rose post all star game this year was 17.4 PPG on .519 TS 4.6 assists and 3.1 boards in 30 minutes per game. He was just dreadful prior to the all star break, and these post all star numbers aren't amazing by any stretch, but still decent and they have some hope he can improve being that he's only 27.

I think it's a decent gamble by New York; they weren't going anywhere fast with their current roster, and Rose is only on the books for one more year.

Rose never was a high efficiency scorer. He has only been slightly above average efficiency wise once in his career, and every other year he has played he has been below average from a scoring efficiency stand point. He has been even worse in the playoffs with an average TS of .498. We are talking Dion Waiters level efficiency even before the injuries.

His defense is another topic. It isn't good, we will put it that way. If it were me I would want to play Prozingis at center. I think they feel he has enough quickness and length to bother guys on the perimeter. I haven't watched enough of him defensively, but i'd want him closer to the basket. He needs to bulk up more, but I thought he did a good job of bulking up from his previous season where if he turned sideways you likely wouldn't see him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."