• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Do we still get swept if we kept the same roster we had before trade deadline (Except IT)?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Red Viper

I never freeze!
Reaction score
IT was pretty much a big issue and he had to go.

But lets say we kept Wade, Crowder and Rose and only did the Lakers trade of Nance + Clarkson for IT + Frye + 2018 Cavs 1st Round Pick. Do we still get swept or may be win a game or two?

Probably hindsight and all considering but I have a feeling we would have done better if we still had someone like Wade to run the second unit and handle the ball and give LeBron some breather in each half. Also, with Crowder we would have had another big wing we could have put on KD and try to slow him down a bit.

What do you all reckon?

No. Wade wins us a game or two.

Rose, Wade, and Crowder were playable.

Clarkson and Hood were not. Hill sucked out my anus.

A big part of the problem was Lue and his stupid rotations, Lue constantly playing Crowder as a PF, Love as a Center. Worst ideas ever.

I think we win 1 game With Wade alone. Doubt we get more than that. However, the guys who we brought in literally couldn’t have performed worse. So by default I have to assume the old guys would’ve fared better

Last edited:
Hard to tell. None of those guys are high level shot creators. They aren't high level shooters either or even mid-level. There's a reason we looked so dysfunctional as a team

Crowder would of helped. He’s just a better player than Jeff green.

Wade would of helped the bench.

I would of kept those two.

Shumpert, IT, and rose are the stuff of bightmares

Remember: even with the shit sandwich that we called a roster, we didn’t really get swept; we lost three games, and the refs chose the winner for the other.

Update: the refs chose the winner for the first game, and that determined the winner of the series, when LeBron injured himself by lashing out. Just like they determined the winner of the 2015 Finals, when Kyrie got hurt in an overtime that had no business happening.

Last edited:
If we would have just kept Wade we win game 1, so yes. But it doesn’t really matter at this point.

Reactions: MrX
Well it depends on how healthy Thomas was ?

Even tho he got switched out on LeBron some- you really have to make Curry work in the defensive end. George Hill was just never a threat.

Given how well we stayed in these games without additional playmakers or actual support, we easily crush that team with just Wade & Crowder.

JR should have been the guy shipped out. Maybe IT. Wish we would have kept Channing and RJ as well. I could live without our acquisitions.

Remember: even with the shit sandwich that we called a roster, we didn’t really get swept; we lost three games, and the refs chose the winner for the other.

The refs chose the winner for 2 of them IMO (that entire half with no FTs despite all the paint points or attempts was infuriating just to think about in retrospect).

Well it depends on how healthy Thomas was ?

Even tho he got switched out on LeBron some- you really have to make Curry work in the defensive end. George Hill was just never a threat.

Not IT. We had to trade him away.

Another shot creator - Wade
Another guy we can throw at KD - Crowder

Healthy Rose may not have been a thing all year but his experience as a top level guy would've prevented us from running out guys like Clarkson who forgot how to play basketball.

Crowder was pouty and never brought the same energy he did in Boston or Utah after the trade (still not sure what happened but whatever) but he clearly showed his impact during the regular season against the Warriors where he IMO brought our his competitive side guarding KD.

I would re-work your hypothetical and add: We trade our pick for a starting guard who is either a 3 and D player or a high level shot creator. Guys like Tyreke Evans or Courtney Lee would've helped over the mindless corpse of JR

"Chemistry" issues got Blatt fired and we won a title unfortunately these issues made our matters worse because we lost talent and experience.

More than anything giving Lue an entirely new team in the middle of the season was a tall order considering how we struggled after acquiring new at the trade deadline (Korver, Deron Williams) heck even our own guys coming back from injury led to some terrible basketball.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."