• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

ECF: DET vs MIA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is going to the finals?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Detroit Pistons

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Glen Infante

Founder
RCF Honored Elder
Reaction score
Well, the semi's is over with in the East and we are now heading toward the Conference finals.

The reigning champions Detroit Pistons face the Miami Heat.

Personally, I feel that Detroit is too tough and too deep for Miami to handle. Shaq is good, but he will get hacked everytime he touches the ball. If Shaquille doesn't hit his freethrows, Miami is going to find out that they aren't as good as they think they are.

Dwane Wade has been spectacular, but look at the teams that they have faced. New Jersey and Washington. No competition there, the Heat pretty much swept their way to the CF's though chump teams.

Detoit will chew them and spit them out.

Re: CF: Detroit Pistons VS Miami Heat

If the Pistons ran with Diesel, I'd go with them. But Miami are Wade better, and will Rip them up. Anyway, I'll support a Christian over a Prince.

"Detoit will chew them and spit them out." Infante

When Mourning comes, it will still be Darko still spitting Ham (chips)

detroit will go to the finals again.. there the champs so them some respect..

Shaq isnt nearly 100% so we'll see how that goes...

my boy sheed will take over...

I dislikes both teams, but I choose Detroit in 5. A Shaq at %50 isn't going to do the Heat any good, and they can very easily stop Wade, Detroit is just a tough as nails defensive team.

Go Heat. Wade is unstoppable. Unless Brown, which I think he will, puts Tayshaun on Wade, then that might be a problem.

I think the Heat win it. But only if Shaq can play a little bit like himself. If that injury bothers him too much throughout the series, the Pistons win handily.

Heat wins series 4-2. I don't like either of these teams, but the matchups are pretty sweet. I hope they beat each other up pretty good so the Spurs can finish them off quick. It will be a foulfest, very tough physical series. Neither team has to really worry about their bigs fouling out as both teams are deep at 4/5 spots, so they'll be hacking away. (Shaq/Mourning/Haslem/ & Doleac if needed, Wallaces/McDyess/ & Elden Campbell if needed)

I think the Heat can win it too *if* Shaq plays like Shaq- and I think he will. If not:
- Detroit's perimeter defense will screw up Miami's 3 pt shooting (Damon Jones mostly), that's the Heat's signature strength. Phoenix's awesome 3 pt shooting has already been wrecked by Spurs good team defense
- Prince can contain Wade enough to keep him from winning games by himself

One other thing, I can see Mourning and Rasheed Wallace gettings some double techs :chuckles:

Don't mess wit Flash and The Diseal.. You just won't win.

1st half of game one is over. Dwane Wade is getting completly shut down, shooting 3/13.

Seeing how well Detroit plays together, it is very hard for me to vote against them. Diesel or not, the Pistons are the best TEAM in the East.

Wade is gonna have a lot of trouble with the Pistons D. So far in the playoffs hes had to face some weak defense. It will be interesting to see how he responds to the new defensive pressure. Shaq is definetly gonna have to play like the old Shaq with Wade struggling.

I picked a Miami / San Antonio finals. After game 1 of both, I'll remain loyal to my prediction. Shaq will improve with more game time. Wade will not struggle as much as he did again. Miami in 7!

Pistons in 6 or 7, the Heat are good, but the Pistons are an experienced and complete team. Its not yet the Heat's time. Detroit will go on to win the championship again, 5 games against the Suns, 7 against San Antonio.

i have a strong feelin' dat detroit is goin' 2 pull dis 1 out..shaq is not 100%..and by tha 1st game of tha series it looks like wade cannot always carry tha team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."