• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Elite 8

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cdt

Winter Is Here
Reaction score
We came to party! :thumbup:

Oh and that California team got in also..:rolleyes:

We can call this team the kardiac kids.

Making free throws is big! Hear that Cavs? Ron Lewis is ice. Conley is great. Oden is ALWAYS a factor.

That first half was just pathetic. I don't understand how they can come out like that in a Sweet 16 game. Hell of a comeback though... Incredible...

I can't wait to laugh at my dad tomorrow when I see him. He was laughing his ass off during the first half and sending me text messages from upstairs saying that we were done for.

Oden really does need another year. He's been less than impressive throughout the tourney so far... Nice block at the end though! They need to go to him early and often though! He only had like 2 touches and 1 shot before he had 2 fouls.

We did all we could but when they shoot over 60% from 3-point it's just them making shots. You can't bring the whole team to 2 feet outside the 3 pt line and let them take it inside. That wasn't the whole case of the first half as once we got down they jumped on us.

Ron Lewis is ice cold. However Oden needs to be able to be an impact on defense and stay in the game, because we're going to need his offense.

Oden needs some more polish, I think it'd be good for him to spend another year playing in college..work on some offensive moves play at full strength and work on your floor game.

1 more year! :chuckles:

There was an article on ESPN, cant remeber who wrote it who said wether or not the athlete wants to stay, the shoe companys make offers where its almost impossible to turn down, like i have said before, i dont think Oden will pull in shoe contracts like Durrant might because i dont see Oden being a marketable player as far as shoes, but $10-15 Million shoe contract for a handul of years, add that onto the what? 3 years 12 million rookie contract (that is what it is right?) and thats enough for pretty much anyone with a brain to go.

Ive seen all the games he has played in the tournament, and I havent really been impressed, I dont think he is someone who strikes me as "NBA Ready." But judging his whole season with the hand injury and 3 games in the tournament isnt fair per say, I just dont think he is going to be as good as people hyped him up to be in the NBA.

And The "lure" of a Championship isnt enough to keep many of these guys here, i know several D1 players at top schools and they have told me, all it has become is who can do the best on the college level and c ash in in the NBA and get there money right. I have heard this from 2 Big East Players and an ACC player.

Last edited:
I don't want to rain on everyone's parade but there's no way Oden is staying. And I don't blame him. Get the money while you can, you never know what will happen in the future. Just enjoy him while he's here because it will be the last of him in a Bucks uni. Hopefully three more games.

You can always go back to school once your out, like Shaq did, when you have that much money, not investing in your education is maybe the dumbest thing you can possibly do, and from what i have heard and read, Oden is taking some pretty BS classes, History of Rock & Roll and stuff, not saying its a must to go back, but that opportunity will always be there no matter what kind of physical shape you are in, Basketball will not always be there and is dependent on your health.

After that game it is obvious that Oden is not NBA ready. Someone who is supposed to change the landscape of the college and NBA, I don’t see it yet in Oden. He plays like a highschooler trying to block shots. He is a force that teams have to adjust to but no where near what he should be.

Watch tapes on some of the best defensive big man like Hakeem, Ewing, and Rodman and you will see the discipline in defense. Oden does not have it yet. He swats at balls with those long arms where all he has to do is put his arms straight up and block the shot and pull it down.

The money will lure Oden but if he wanted to become the dominant big man that he is projected to be another year under Motta and learning the basics will take his game to another level especially on the defensive end.

James said:
You can always go back to school once your out, like Shaq did, when you have that much money, not investing in your education is maybe the dumbest thing you can possibly do, and from what i have heard and read, Oden is taking some pretty BS classes, History of Rock & Roll and stuff, not saying its a must to go back, but that opportunity will always be there no matter what kind of physical shape you are in, Basketball will not always be there and is dependent on your health.

What? Brotha can't like some guitar??? j/p I took that class sophomore year :chuckles: Did my report on Marvin Gaye and went to the Rock Hall for the Day..DIPPIN DOTS :king:

-RichOne

Granted he is still young, i can see what your saying, he can leave now, next year or whenever, he is still going to get drafted by one of the teams with a bad head coach, or a new head coach once he gets to the NBA, he isn't going to be going somewhere where personnel staff is stellar, he will be coming into a whole new system, so the help of Matta isn't going to devolpe him much more at least i think, not on the college level, the things he needs to improve on are only going to be achieved in the NBA, a coach can coach but he is going to need help of an actual Big Man from another era to help him out. Thats something that cant be done at OSU, or any school for that matter.

If he were to go to the Celtics, i could see them bringing in someone like Robert Parrish to help him out.

My goodness, talk about excitement. Just got done watching it. I'm stoked!

What you're looking at, gentlemen, is a VERY successful season. A season with no disappointment. If they lose saturday to Memphis, as long as they don't get blown out, I will be content. Here's a list of some of their accomplishments, even if they lose:

* Big Ten regular season champs
* Big Ten Tournament champs
* School record for wins
* 6 players getting All conference honors
* Conference Coach of the Year
* 2 All Americans
* #1 in the polls for the first time in a long time, and held it for (I think) longer than anyone else
* #1 Seed in the tournament
* Elite Eight appearance

I'm thrilled with Buckeye basketball right now. Any thing more is just gravy.

Ron Lewis=Clutch. When I said ice cold I meant his 3's are daggers late in the game.

This season has been awsome. Big 10 champions, ranked #1, Lewis's 3 and last nights game...Go Bucks!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."