• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Eric Bledsoe

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

thafngame

Rookie
Reaction score
With the Suns reportedly agreeing to a contract extension with Brandon Knight, it looks like they could be shopping Bledsoe to get out of this big contract. Could he be a possibility, using the Haywood contract along with maybe Joe Harris/future picks? Bledsoe is tight with LeBron and is represented by Rich Paul, and could be a combo guard... start at SG but also provide big backup minutes to Kyrie at PG. He is very good defensively and can attach the basket as well as hit open outside shots. He is set to make 13.5 mil next year and correct me if im wrong but wouldnt the haywood 10.5 mil fit right in... since we can take back 10.5 + 125% in a trade? Just throwing it out there for discussion.

we can certainly hope, Bledsoe and Kyrie would be sick fucking nasty

If Bledsoe comes in, Kyrie is going out.

I don't mean that Kyrie will be traded for him or if that's even possible. I just mean that I believe it's one or the other.

I doubt Kyrie is going out, just saying intuitively that if Bledsoe joins the Cavs it means that the Cavs abandoned the Kyrie era and ended up with a massive return for Kyrie. It would tell me the Cavs think some combination of that he's mentally weak, his injuries are a serious risk to his future and/or that Dred is not worth the trouble he's caused.

I don't mean that Kyrie will be traded for him or if that's even possible. I just mean that I believe it's one or the other.

I doubt Kyrie is going out, just saying intuitively that if Bledsoe joins the Cavs it means that the Cavs abandoned the Kyrie era and ended up with a massive return for Kyrie. It would tell me the Cavs think some combination of that he's mentally weak, his injuries are a serious risk to his future and/or that Dred is not worth the trouble he's caused.

tumblr_mvoco8nUSZ1s33yevo1_500-1.gif

The Cavs organization traded away the ROY for a player that has missed essentially an entire season. They resigned Anderson Varejao's corpse to a multi year 30 million dollar deal. I don't think that this organization is afraid of injury prone players. Don't forget that Eric Bledsoe has a good deal of injury history including having part of his mensicus removed.

If they are afraid of some 23 year old's daddy then the Cavs really need some more commanding and respectable figures in their front office.

I'll say that Griffin does turn red whenever he's nervous or anxious, definitely no Pat Riley in terms of commanding the room.

tumblr_nen9krXOLI1qzag1wo1_500.gif

Eric Bledsoe plays hard on offense and defense, but he gets injured, missing games just as much as Kyrie. He played 81 games last year, but he has two seasons of half missing half the games. I think at this point he isn't going to learn to become a good distributor at point. He is a scoring shooting guard in a point guard's body.

I think Bledsoe can step right into JR. Smith's role of 3rd guard as an upgrade, leaving Shumpert as starting 2 guard for defense. I see a move like this keeping Irving at PG, pushing Smith or Delly to 4th guard. The question is what would Phoenix want in return. They were trying to get New York's #4 pick in the draft for Bledsoe a few days ago.

I don't see how. Bledsoe will command more than salary relief and all we have to offer is 2nd round picks and salary relief. Not enough.

I didn't say it would make any sense, dummies.

I said that's what I have the feeling would theoretically be going on if Bledsoe came in. If you want to bash someone, bash whomever believes Bledsoe is gonna be gotten.

i'm not sure how accurate 82games.com is but their numbers are very interesting when it comes to Bledsoe:

http://www.82games.com/1415/14PHO6.HTM

according to them he spent way more minutes at SG than PG (he even played SOME SF) and was more effective both on offense and defense doing so (the team was better with him at SG as well):
he held opponents to a 13.1 PER (per 48 Min) playing SG and to a 17.3 PER playing PG.
he put up a 15.7 PER (per 48 Min) playing PG and a 20.2 PER playing SG.

so i'm pretty sure you could get away with playing him and Kyrie together (--> Bledsoe would probably play ~30Min/game here and be among the favorites for 6th man of the year award).

all that being said i don't see us getting him, he's a really nice player and the Suns are probably trying to get real assets for him (if they want to get as much cap space as possible our chances increase obviously). i could certainly see us having interest though especially if they can't come to an agreement with JR Smith.

I didn't say it would make any sense, dummies.

I said that's what I have the feeling would theoretically be going on if Bledsoe came in. If you want to bash someone, bash whomever believes Bledsoe is gonna be gotten.
I just don't think anyone else agrees with that theory.

The only way I see us getting him would be some shady Rich Paul dealings behind the scenes

I like his game, but would rather have Shumpert because of his length, defensive ability, and the fact he doesnt need shots in his game. If he continually improves his 3pt shot, he will become a the perfect piece on a perennial championship contender.

Why do we want to pay an undersized, backup PG who can't shoot, 14 million a year?

He'd have to be the best perimeter defender in the league to justify that number, which he is not.

Is he talented? Sure......do I want him on the Cavs? Not really.

Why do we want to pay an undersized, backup PG who can't shoot, 14 million a year?

He'd have to be the best perimeter defender in the league to justify that number, which he is not.

Is he talented? Sure......do I want him on the Cavs? Not really.

I think you're undervaluing Bledsoe.

Sure, he's not the best fit - but if we could get him for cheap, we should do everything we possibly could to do it (within reason obviously).

We've been told many times on this site not to underestimate the Rich Paul ties, and for that reason alone, I could definitely see him here. PHX just took a real nice SG with their lottery pick and signed the PG they view as their future.

I'm not sure how well he'd fit at first, but wow, the kid is an amazing athlete. Can play the 1 or 2, lethal in the open floor, really good defender. Tough to find a better way to use the Haywood contract that this guy. Sign me up.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."