• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

ESPN 30 for 30 ("Believeland" 3/31 at CLE Film Festival, ESPN airing 5/14 9:30 PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Los216

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Watching the one on the "Bad Boy" Pistons now. Which ones are some of your favorites? What sports topic would you like to see a 30 for 30 on?

I'm biased because a member of my wife's family is Eric Drath, who has done two so far. Check out "No Mas" which he considered his own best work. His most renown work was "Assault in the Ring".

if the bad boys played in the NBA today they'd be the banned boys

watching Detroit's victory parade now on the 30 for 30 and man would Cleveland be nuts if we ever won a title...this town deserves it so much

I forget the name of it, but the one about the Celtics player that went hard into drugs was an amazing story.

The U was another one of my faves.

Youngstown Boys

Couldn't be a better story about redemption for Maurice Clarrett and it really makes you think about life. He was portrayed us such a worthless waste of life thug by the media, and yes he made some mistakes, but at heart he was a good person that got a raw deal. He had no roadmap, hit rock bottom, and spiraled out of control. From all accounts he is making the most of his second chance. I'm reading his book now. It's actually pretty interesting and inspiring.

I'm also a bit biased towards that one being born in Youngstown, and being a huge OSU and Tressel homer.

Also, "Broke" was a classic, and the one about John Spano, the ex-Islanders owner, was just mindblowing.

Ya I've seen a whole lot of these. Most of them are really good. Bad Boys was no different.

I hope Kyrie and Dion watch it. There's a lot they could take from that doc.

I hope Gilbert doesn't watch though. We don't need Joe Dumars anywhere near this organization :chuckles:

Being a huge Both Jackson fan, I loved the you don't know Bo one. Run Ricky run. One of the first ones I believe. He smoked a little too much pot. Alabama vs auburn rivalry. Just didn't get it til then. Still don't really lol

The Bo Jackson one was stupid good...he was superhuman. Everyone should be required to watch it...

Without Bias
June 17, 1994
Youngstown Boys
You Don't Know Bo

I caught the last half hour of Bad Boys and thought that was pretty good

The USFL
Trial of Iverson
The 2 Escobars
The Pony Express

one of my favorites was the focus on Marcus Dupree. Here was a kid who was THE next big thing in college ball, had more talent than anyone else and everything went straight down the drain. I could only imagine what he could have accomplished on the field if he had any desire and dedication b/c he was head and shoulders above most everyone not giving a shit

Once Brothers was my favorite.

I really enjoy the series. One of the few things that ESPN has done really well. Can't wait for the new box set to come out, it will certainly be a must get.

Pony Express and Bo Jackson. Some of the best tv I've ever seen.

Bo Jackson, Reggie Miller, Magic Johnson and The U were great.

I want to see one done on Strawberry and Gooden and the 86 Mets.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."