• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Evan Turner

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prekazi

Rookie
Reaction score
What do you guys think about him? He's putting down some nice all around stats but what is his ceiling? What are his strengths/weaknesses? Is he a NBA player or should I wake up the Turkish clubs here to sign him this summer. :chuckles:

One of the most athletic players OSU has had on their team in a while.

Lol.

Good luck getting Turkey to sign him! Evan has continued to wow scouts, and his current projection is mid-late first round, but if he keeps playing well, possibly even lottery. He may even decide to stay in college an extra year to build that top-10 pick, but his game is very similar to Brandon Roy's. Here is what I said about Evan in my 2009 NBA Draft Preview thread:

Evan Turner, Ohio State Buckeyes

16.JPG

STATS
Height: 6'7" SG.
My Scouting Report: Great size for a SG... Great ballhandler... Good athlete... Can drive... Nice rebounder for SG... Good shooter... Very good defender... Quick hands... Much improved from last season... Turnover prone... Not NBA strength.
Projection: Mid-late first (good chance that he stays an extra year to improve his stock. I'd estimate that there is a 60% chance he stays one more season).
NBA Comparison: Brandon Roy.

Lol.

Good luck getting Turkey to sign him! Evan has continued to wow scouts, and his current projection is mid-late first round, but if he keeps playing well, possibly even lottery. He may even decide to stay in college an extra year to build that top-10 pick, but his game is very similar to Brandon Roy's. Here is what I said about Evan in my 2009 NBA Draft Preview thread:

I have been impressed with his play, it helps that David Lighty is out and he gets more shots. For whatever reason I can not judge talent for anything when it comes to NCAA hoops. BJ Mullens is going to be a top pick in a couple of years.

I havent seen him play all that often this year due to not knowing the Buck's schedule. He must be a pretty good player to be compared to Roy.

I am impressed, and I am an avid watcher of Buckeye hoops...the thing that stands out is his handle for someone his size....it should translate well to the next level. His shot isn't as pure as Dequan Cook's, but I pretty much would consider him better in every other facet of the game. I like his chances for success on the next level.

Just checked, he is up to 29 on ESPN's top 100...and for my untrained eye, I trust him at the next level much more the Stephen Curry...

Last edited:
I am impressed, and I am an avid watcher of Buckeye hoops...the thing that stands out is his handle for someone his size....it should translate well to the next level. His shot isn't as pure as Dequan Cook's, but I pretty much would consider him better in every other facet of the game. I like his chances for success on the next level.

Just checked, he is up to 29 on ESPN's top 100...and for my untrained eye, I trust him at the next level much more the Stephen Curry...

Curry can shoot better than anybody in the league, Turner is not in his class.

Turner's shot is flat out broke. I am in Orange Krush at the U of Illinois and was in the front row for the OSU @ UI game and watched Turner pretty closely during warm-ups. The guy cannot make a 15 foot jumper to save his life. In warm ups, obviously with no one guarding him, I would say he was about 35% or so on 15-17 foot jumpers. I was quite unimpressed with that.

Turner's shot is flat out broke. I am in Orange Krush at the U of Illinois and was in the front row for the OSU @ UI game and watched Turner pretty closely during warm-ups. The guy cannot make a 15 foot jumper to save his life. In warm ups, obviously with no one guarding him, I would say he was about 35% or so on 15-17 foot jumpers. I was quite unimpressed with that.

He makes 15 footers in games with guys in his face all of the time. He might have been off against UI, but normally, he hits those.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."