• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Exhibition games

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Style

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
Thad's new team opened their run of exhibition games by whacking Ashland.

Summary: http://www.bucknuts.com/news/story.php?article=2117
Photos: http://www.bucknuts.com/news/story.php?article=2118

Here's the early depth chart:

Butler/Hill
Lighty/Turner
Diebler/Wallace
Hunter/Terwilliger
Koufos/Madsen/Lauderdale

It will be interesting to see how Matta divides minutes. Last year he went with "nine starters", and that worked pretty well, with everyone getting good minutes, but not too many. In the exhibitions I imagine he'll go with "eleven starters", but I would think he'd start developing distinct roles once the games get serious.

where is the Bucknuts article for that loss to a Division II school?

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Marcus Parker scored 18 points to lead Findlay to a 70-68 victory over Ohio State on Tuesday night, the second time in a week a Division II school beat a Big Ten team in an exhibition game.

On Saturday, Grand Valley State beat No. 8 Michigan State, the conference preseason favorite, 85-82 in double overtime.

The Big Ten made headlines this way to start the football season when then-No. 5 Michigan Wolverines lost 34- 32 to Appalachian State from the Football Championship Subdivision.

Jamar Butler hit a 3-pointer with 1:52 left to bring the Buckeyes, who have one starter back from the team that lost to Florida in the national championship game in March, within 70-67. He later made a free throw with 4 seconds remaining to pull the Buckeyes within two points, but Ohio State was unable to regain possession as time expired.

Morgan Lewis had 15 points and Josh Bostic added 13 for the Oilers.

Butler finished with 22 points and Kosta Koufos added 20 for the Buckeyes in their final exhibition game. They open the regular season on Nov. 12 against Wisconsin-Green Bay in the NIT Season Tip-Off.

Freshmen Greg Oden, Mike Conley Jr. and Daequan Cook all left Ohio State after last season for the NBA.

Link

I graduated from Ashland a couple years ago, so I still know a few of the bball players there. It was a thrill for them to go play Ohio State again. As for Findlay werent they like the #1 D-II team last year? I remember watching them play and thinking they were pretty darn good, but still... losing to them is unexcusable even in an exhibition game.

^ Wow, an embarrassing loss even if it doesn't count. You cannot lose to an in-state sub-divison school.

Could be wrong but i think UF lost last year an exhibition game to some local Florida school.

One thing you need to remember is this team is practically all true freshmen, playing only their second college game. They're basically high school players (All star high school players, but high school players none the less), having never played together, having to play a seasoned college basketball team. Findlay was 29-2 a season ago. Does it make it excusable? Of course not, but it is understandable.

As long as the Buckeyes right ship, it doesn't mean much. When they start dropping conference games then I'll worry.

Team is junk....

i went to school with Morgan Lewis and grew up with him.. he was Number 2 on sportscenter's top 10 today with his alley oop.. go findlay!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."