• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fantasy Basketball Draft - Who do you avoid?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ChicagoCavFan

Your job is to Attack
Staff member
Reaction score
Who is that player you avoid every year during fantasy basketball drafts?

I have never drafted:

Paul Pierce

Respect his game, I have just never liked him, nor did I want to root for the Celtics. Fuck 'em.

Basically any Cavalier... not that they can't contribute- I'm just superstitious.

Monta Ellis. Too many turnovers, too many shots, and doesnt bring a whole lot to fantasy basketball outside of scoring you can get from other players and steals that anyone can pick up.

Same on Pierce. Also never draft Bogut and Gordon because of injuries. Don't draft Varejao unless I have to.

I've gotten Paul "Catfish" Pierce in the past... but only when he slid to the late 4th round and I pretty much had to take him as a value "best available" grab.

I always try to avoid players that are injury prone and players who are obvious "chuckers"... the high volume, lower percentage, high T.O. type of guys. Some of my least favorites are John Wall (chucker), Keven Martin (chucker), Elton Brand (injuries), Monta Ellis (both).

I also avoid players normally taken in the top 4 or 5 rounds who are too one-dimensional and/or who can single-handedly lose you a category or a couple of categories. Guys like Dwight Howard, Amare, David Lee, etc.

Elton Brand has been a terrible pick for a while now too. I never take Wade.

I took Eric Gordon and Andy "Out 6-8 weeks" Varejao in a league this year. Never again.

No. What is it? Monta Ellis is a good one, David West.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."