1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2017

Discussion in 'RCF Fantasy League' started by SixPACK, Jul 17, 2017 at 9:27 AM.

1. SixPACK

SixPACK Bring back the Elf!

Might as well make a new thread for this years season.

Starting hot right out of the gate:

Ezekiel Elliott in incident at Dallas bar, per source

Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was involved in a late-night incident at a Dallas bar Sunday, a source confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

A Dallas Police spokesperson said no arrests have been reported in connection with the incident. 105.3 FM The Fan in Dallas first reported Elliott's involvement.

Elliott is already under NFL investigation stemming from a 2016 domestic violence accusation against him. The running back has been preparing a response to the league to be submitted in the next week, sources told Schefter.

Multiple sources told Schefter that Elliott could face a one- or two-game suspension, but the NFL has denied that any decision on discipline has been made and said it could not be made until its investigation is complete.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anything actually did happen, may make the leagues decision on suspending him a bit easier. Could make anyone with a top 3 pick have an easier decision on Bell/Johnson.

2. SuperSurge

SuperSurge Slice & Dice Staff Member Moderator

David Johnson, top pick.

3. bigfoot5415

bigfoot5415 Gold Star Member

Take him when you can, and settle on two loses. Championships aren't won in September.

Sleeper Pick: Todd Gurley.

4. SixPACK

I got the top pick in my friends fantasy league. Non-ppr.

I eliminated Bell just b/c of threat of injury. I settled on Johnson, but damn it's hard to pass on Zeke.

OL purposes: Steelers way over > Dallas decently over > Cardinals

Going to debate about this for the next 6 weeks.

5. Jack Brickman

Jack Brickman Preview Team

Probably won't matter in re-draft, but Goff is another Rams guy I'd target in dynasty leagues. Historically, QBs picked first or second overall have damn near a 100% chance of having a top 24 fantasy season, and the odds that a QB picked at one of those spots having a top six fantasy season in their first five years are around 50%. New coach who isn't inept offensively coupled with history and I think Goff will turn it around. He's basically got a coin flip's shot of being a top ten fantasy QB at some point in the next four years, and is almost guaranteed to put up a top 24 season at least (making him a fantasy back-up). He's also basically free. He was on waivers in my dynasty league, and in any other league where he's rostered you can probably get him for next to nothing.

But I agree on Gurley. New coach, better offensive scheme...he's definitely a bounce-back candidate this year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SixPACK

7. Triplethreat

Triplethreat NBA Starter

It's Bell EVERY. TIME.

But the way I see it there are three #1 overall picks this year. Can't lose if you're in the top 3.

Guys I'm targeting this year:

Christian McCaffery (PPR) - Probably about the 3rd/4th round. Much higher than most on him.

Gurley
    Hopkins

(Both coming off obvious down years)

Njoku/OJ Howard
    -- I'm not taking a TE until LATE LATE LATE - Njoku seems to be the guy I'll go with, too many good options this year.

Fournette
    - If I have late first/early second

Demaryius Thomas/Emmanuel Sanders
    - Even slight improvement from Denver QB situation should give both MASSIVE improvement, and both were good last year.

8. Jack Brickman

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of McCaffery in re-draft formats. The team kept Stewart for a reason. They like him and they're going to continue feeding him the ball. Also, Newton has never played in an offense that utilized a player like McCaffery. He typically runs the ball himself rather than dumping it off to a satellite back. That's not to say he can't learn, but I think people are going to be disappointed in McCaffery's production this year given where he's going to be drafted.

In dynasty, though, he's obviously a top five rookie pick. I'd probably take him after Davis (my number one rookie in PPR formats), Fournette, and Mixon, but before Cook, who I think is overrated.

Also, rookie tight ends are a waste in re-draft. You're only starting one TE a week, and rookies historically do not produce at that position in a top ten or top twelve capacity. Howard and Njoku are both guys I like a lot in fantasy, just not this year.

Sounds like there aren't really any new updates. Basically they're saying what we've known all along...if his back doesn't heal up with epidurals, he'll need surgery. I have him in my dynasty league (got both him and Davis) and I'm not terribly concerned. Supposedly he's back to running now, so the second epidural must have done some good. And if he does miss the season, I get to put him on IR and have an open roster spot for another prospect.

9. Triplethreat

Triplethreat NBA Starter

I'm not one to EVER invest in the QB or TE position early.

The potential impact from this year rookies is far greater than any past draft class just due to the physical specimens being produced. I think Njoku will have a ton of volume this year as well. If you don't have Gronk it's a crap shoot at the position.

I'll get 4 backs and 4 WR before I even think about any other position.

10. SixPACK

Don't forget about Kelce. I can see him going no later than 3rd. KC lost their top WR, is down to basically only Tyreek Hill who will see more targets, but needs to prove he can do better than last year.

Kelce is basically a low-end WR1.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jack Brickman

Kelce has also been more consistently healthy. It's hard to trust Gronk to stay that way, especially when you consider his ADP.

• Like Like x 1