• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

fantasy league trade question

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loki478

Towel Waver
Reaction score
How is this trade Carmelo Anthony and al jeffersonfor d. Wade and thadeous young. I get the Carmelo side

It depends on what you need and which categories you have in abundance. Jefferson is finally starting to put up monster big man numbers, Carmelo seems ready to mail in the season.

I don't personally trust Wade at all this season. He seems to be talking like a man who knows his own limits, and I hate that in an athlete. I want them to think they can play all game, every game, and screw the coach who rests me for ruining my stats. Of course, I get the same feeling from Carmelo.

Kyle Lowry, Hou PG
Jodie Meeks, Phi SG]
Kevin Durant, OKC SF
Thaddeus Young, Phi SF, PF
Pau Gasol, LAL PF, C
D.J. Augustin, Cha PG, SG
Elton Brand, Phi PF
Andre Miller, Den PG
Jrue Holiday, Phi PG
Dwyane Wade, Mia SG
Nene, Den C, PF
Ray Allen, Bos SG

That is my team (now with Carmelo and Jefferson without Thadeous and Wade. I plan to try to trade Carmelo for a better sg if I can

Kyle Lowry, Hou PG
Jodie Meeks, Phi SG]
Kevin Durant, OKC SF
Thaddeus Young, Phi SF, PF
Pau Gasol, LAL PF, C
D.J. Augustin, Cha PG, SG
Elton Brand, Phi PF
Andre Miller, Den PG
Jrue Holiday, Phi PG
Dwyane Wade, Mia SG
Nene, Den C, PF
Ray Allen, Bos SG

That is my team (now with Carmelo and Jefferson without Thadeous and Wade. I plan to try to trade Carmelo for a better sg if I can

8 team league max. I mean, you have Dwade and Kevin Durant...

My man-crush on Jodie Meeks this season knows no limits. He's my new Szczerbiak, from a fantasy perspective... I mean fantasy basketball perspective.

10 Team league.... I got Durant in a trade. I pick up Jodie Meeks when he is playing and drop him when he is not.

The RCF vets league has 16 teams. I'm completely incapable of rationalizing what the best move would be in a 10 team league anymore. Good luck though!

Thanks for the advice. I think I have a pretty decent team (I am the only undefeated team left). Just wanted some other eyes to look at it.

Alright... A trade question for everyone here... My team is currently in 1st place in a very competitive 10 team league with my college buddies. Here is my roster:
vhw5dk.png

I was thinking of offering another GM this trade:
Lin + Anderson
for
Carmelo + Deron Williams

Honestly, if Lin keeps up his play, this isn't as much of great trade as it seems for me. That being said, Anderson's numbers could go drastically down if/when Howard gets traded and Lin is an "unknown commodity" that could fade soon. I make this trade 10 times out of 10, right?! I feel like if I could get him to accept (he's desperate and kind of an idiot), its a no-brainer, but I want to get someone else's thoughts before I pull the trigger.

Im a big fantasy junkie, and in my opinion your trade request is idiotic. I would feel completely offended by your offer to say the least.

Who's to say Lin keeps up his strong play, well as Anderson. You have 2 sell high players but come on...Melo and D-Will? Talk about highway robbery.

Ya deezy that would be crazy if he accepted. im trying to get rid of lin asap but some dude picked up jason terry then offered him for lin. Told the commish he needs the boot next year. I just did a trade russell westbrook and ibaka for cousins and d-will. I got kaman and howard already for blocks. and d will will get me over the hump for pts 3's assists. good trade?

I was thinking of offering another GM this trade:
Lin + Anderson
for
Carmelo + Deron Williams

Honestly, if Lin keeps up his play, this isn't as much of great trade as it seems for me. That being said, Anderson's numbers could go drastically down if/when Howard gets traded and Lin is an "unknown commodity" that could fade soon. I make this trade 10 times out of 10, right?! I feel like if I could get him to accept (he's desperate and kind of an idiot), its a no-brainer, but I want to get someone else's thoughts before I pull the trigger.

Both of those players are just about the hardest people to trade in the league this year. Given the wide range of return you could get on either player almost any trade is going to have a clear winner and loser by the end of the year and people don't like to take such huge and public risks i feel. I have anderson in the vets league and he is a top ten player so far this year, but there is no way i could get close to that value for him.

That said your trade is probably fair given current numbers, but its utterly unfair when you realize that melo and d-will are likely near the bottom of their range and anderson and lin are at the absolute ceiling.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."