• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Farcry 5

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TyGuy

Make America a good boy again.
Reaction score
The game takes place in present day Montana where a city has been taken over by what looks to be a Christian cult. I actually like the far cry formula, but i'm loving this back drop. I hope there is some inspiration from true detective season 1. A little bit of horror could reinvigorate this franchise.
img_4151ixywp.jpg

@David.
@Jack Brickman
@The Oi
@gourimoko
@kosis
@Cratylus

I don't play video games but I'm probably going to pick up MGS5 again in a minute

I don't play video games but I'm probably going to pick up MGS5 again in a minute
You should finish that game and then get this one when it comes out.

I had Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4. Never got Far Cry Primal. Both FC3 and FC4 were good, but I preferred FC3 for some reason. This is one of the few franchises where I consistently am interested in their games. I might have to get this.

I'm just wondering if there will be any new or exciting features. I don't know how Far Cry Primal was, but the game has felt about the same for awhile now. Which it is a good game, but they need to add something new to really entice me now.

When does this come out? Also what game engine is it using? Buying another 1080 for SLI when Vega drops so wondering what kinda of FPS to expect.

When does this come out? Also what game engine is it using? Buying another 1080 for SLI when Vega drops so wondering what kinda of FPS to expect.
I'm assuming this uses the newest iteration of the dunia engine which was an offshoot from the cry engine.

The dunia engine is one of the best out there. It's able to produce gorgeous visuals and runs very smoothly.

Edit: it's apparently coming out this fall.

Last edited:
I had Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4. Never got Far Cry Primal. Both FC3 and FC4 were good, but I preferred FC3 for some reason. This is one of the few franchises where I consistently am interested in their games. I might have to get this.

I'm just wondering if there will be any new or exciting features. I don't know how Far Cry Primal was, but the game has felt about the same for awhile now. Which it is a good game, but they need to add something new to really entice me now.
I agree, I don't want it to be primarily capturing towers. I hope they have some unique side quests that are well written. I wouldn't mind tower captures per say. I just don't want it to be the heart of the game.

I really hope that true detective is the inspiration though and we have to do some sort of actual police work.

Wow this looks cool. I haven't ever gotten into the Far Cry games, but the premise of this one alone will have me buying it and playing it.

Wow this looks cool. I haven't ever gotten into the Far Cry games, but the premise of this one alone will have me buying it and playing it.
And you have a beast of a rig that will chew it up and spit it out.

And you have a beast of a rig that will chew it up and spit it out.

Oh yeah. She's beautiful, man. I'd probably stream a playthrough of that one because it'd be a ton of fun to share with others.

Oh yeah. She's beautiful, man. I'd probably stream a playthrough of that one because it'd be a ton of fun to share with others.
What kind of performance do you take when streaming? Are you using your video-card or cpu for the video encoding?

What kind of performance do you take when streaming? Are you using your video-card or cpu for the video encoding?

I've been straight 60fps at 1080p with what I've done so far which has only been Hearthstone and WoW (and filling out my jury duty form lol).

I can't tell what's doing it, but I haven't specifically setup anything with my gpu to do it, so I assume it's the cpu.

Even while streaming I'm seeing like 26% load on my cpu lol it's incredible. Then again, I don't think I've streamed anything too crazy with it yet and I only game on 1080.

This game sounds dope. Need gameplay.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."