• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Finally going to see the cavs play live but need some advice

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adam

Reading and reacting
Reaction score
I've been a cavs fan since 2000 but never had the chance to see them play live. With Lebrons age and propensity to leave it going to be this Oct 23-28 th Im able to go. Regardingthe schedule that was released. The cheapest game for me to get to is the away game in brooklyn but it's the second night of a back to back and the tickets might be a lot more than the Q. It's Oct 26th so what are everyone's thoughts on Lebron actually playin? It would be a shame to fly 9 hours to have him sit out. I could go to the Q for the bulls but it's £400 more for the flights.

Also anyone got any recommendations on best way to get tickets? Last time I brought game tickets I saw ray Allen and big dog Robinson bucks play the magic in Orena. Ideally if I'm going once I'll want some decent tickets at reasonable prices.

Finally anyone know the cheapest places to sleep that don't involve spooning a tramp in a park? I'm running out of cash fat on this whimsical trip

Thanks

I've been thinking of ways to try and get to the Q as seeing a home game would be amazing and I want to get the best tickets possible. My new idea is to fly to NYC and then rent a car and drive to the Land. Google tells me 7 ish hours. Is that a reliable time?

I've been thinking of ways to try and get to the Q as seeing a home game would be amazing and I want to get the best tickets possible. My new idea is to fly to NYC and then rent a car and drive to the Land. Google tells me 7 ish hours. Is that a reliable time?
That's without traffic. Depending on when you fly into NYC and what airport you fly into, you're looking at an extra possible 2 hours of traffic. I would see if you can fly in farther west during non-rush hour and then drive a car.

Agree that NYC traffic will add significant time to your journey. Cheap flights sometimes can be had between Washington DC and London, and either NYC or Washington would offer extra cool things to do.

Agree that an away game in Brooklyn is going to be super expensive and possible LeBron won't play (probably he will, though, since he loves playing in NY).

Seeing recent Cavs teams play at home in front of an energized crowd is a pretty great thing. Better than listening to Brooklyn fans boo their own team.

In terms of tickets: paying full price through Cavs.com is not a bad way to go if you want specific seats and don't want to worry. But decent tickets will come up on Flash Seats (and they will get cheaper closer to the game). Unlikely that StubHub will land you anything good+affordable unless some ticket holder doesn't know what they're doing. And, last, you may find a truly great deal offered by a season ticket holder who is an RCF member or S34 member, either in the forum or in Classified. I usually buy on Cavs.com when tickets become available because I want specific seats and I don't have to wonder for the next month whether I'll get a better deal. Then I try not to look at Flash Seats, because those better deals always come up...

Finally, what is wrong with spooning a tramp in a park in October? No snow on the ground. Or you could stay at a cheap suburban hotel or the Holiday Inn Express, which is not a residential marvel but cheap and close as can be.

p.s. I found Jigo's message extremely helpful.

Agree that NYC traffic will add significant time to your journey. Cheap flights sometimes can be had between Washington DC and London, and either NYC or Washington would offer extra cool things to do.

Agree that an away game in Brooklyn is going to be super expensive and possible LeBron won't play (probably he will, though, since he loves playing in NY).

Seeing recent Cavs teams play at home in front of an energized crowd is a pretty great thing. Better than listening to Brooklyn fans boo their own team.

In terms of tickets: paying full price through Cavs.com is not a bad way to go if you want specific seats and don't want to worry. But decent tickets will come up on Flash Seats (and they will get cheaper closer to the game). Unlikely that StubHub will land you anything good+affordable unless some ticket holder doesn't know what they're doing. And, last, you may find a truly great deal offered by a season ticket holder who is an RCF member or S34 member, either in the forum or in Classified. I usually buy on Cavs.com when tickets become available because I want specific seats and I don't have to wonder for the next month whether I'll get a better deal. Then I try not to look at Flash Seats, because those better deals always come up...

Finally, what is wrong with spooning a tramp in a park in October? No snow on the ground. Or you could stay at a cheap suburban hotel or the Holiday Inn Express, which is not a residential marvel but cheap and close as can be.

p.s. I found Jigo's message extremely helpful.

thanks wuck

im looking into washington, although its super cheap to go to baltimore and i can see the sights of 'the wire'

OK so i thought i would update this thread with my trip:
So on monday oct 23rd i fly from london to iceland and then to baltimore.
I'm then renting a car and driving to cleveland.
Got two days in cleveland staying at the hostel. Watch the bulls game tuesday night at the fricking Q!!! (got a login for flash seats, just waiting for tickets to be released)
Wednesday I want to see some sights, especially the banner and try to head up to @Glen Infante 's ILTH workshop
Wed night i want to go somewhere to watch the brooklyn game (any suggestions for a good place?)
Thursday i drive to washington do tourism
Friday fly home to london via iceland again

all together about 9000 miles
I'm breaking the drives up by taking in some classic american roadside attractions

So hyped

Need some urgent advice. Trying to decide if i should buy tickets for the oct 24th game now the cavs have released the single game tickets or wait to see if anything better shows up on flash seats. Want to get as close as possible but so far can only get row 13 of sections 127 and 125

will other tickets open up???

Need some urgent advice. Trying to decide if i should buy tickets for the oct 24th game now the cavs have released the single game tickets or wait to see if anything better shows up on flash seats. Want to get as close as possible but so far can only get row 13 of sections 127 and 125

will other tickets open up???

Personally I say wait for flash seats.

There will be tickets that are close, and much more reasonably priced. In fact you can "bid" lower than listed prices on tickets, and if it's reasonable the seller will usually give them to you.

Just my 2cents.

Those are good sections to be in though.

lots of us live in and around baltimore and BWI is relatively easy airport to navigate. The only downside is you have to get a shuttle bus to the rental car place-its free. The drive to cleveland is about 6 hours if I recall correctly and once you get outside of baltimore area its pretty much just a set cruise control and go (nothign really to see on the way to cleveland). Perks are Baltimore has an absolutely awesome aquarium, and getting into DC is pretty easy. Also the baltimore airport is about 15 minutes outside the actual city

If you are looking for a cheap place to crash for just one night I would look at Airbnb. Yeah you probably end up staying in someone else's house, but chances are they are pretty nice and its goign to be pretty cheap. Or if you actually want your own hotel room then priceline.

lots of us live in and around baltimore and BWI is relatively easy airport to navigate. The only downside is you have to get a shuttle bus to the rental car place-its free. The drive to cleveland is about 6 hours if I recall correctly and once you get outside of baltimore area its pretty much just a set cruise control and go (nothign really to see on the way to cleveland). Perks are Baltimore has an absolutely awesome aquarium, and getting into DC is pretty easy. Also the baltimore airport is about 15 minutes outside the actual city

If you are looking for a cheap place to crash for just one night I would look at Airbnb. Yeah you probably end up staying in someone else's house, but chances are they are pretty nice and its goign to be pretty cheap. Or if you actually want your own hotel room then priceline.
Thanks that's really helpful

Also if you could fly into Newark you could cut an hour off that time. Dunno if that is possible where you are coming from.

So talk about fate of the universe! I'm browsing tickets yesterday trying to ballance my budget then I get an email from an ombudsmen telling my my wife's lasik is getting a full refund of 5K. Boom! 10 mins later I have section 9 row 3 seats!!!!!

Never thought I would get with a few rows of courtside. Now just got to get FlashSeats to authorise my Hotmail account :mad:

Just checking how to embed tweets. If anyone can retweet see if they notice. My twitter game is weak with very few followers. I'll be pissed off if RJ gets waived or traded during camp

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."