• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Flex Position Week 1

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JMcCurry08

All-Star
Reaction score
Pierre Thomas
Toby Gerhart
Greg Little
Robert Turbin
Mike Williams (TB)
Coby Fleener

Who should I start

Thomas: Certainly capable of having a good game, but I don't see him as a reliable fantasy option given that 1) he's splitting time with Ingram and Sproles and 2) Drew Brees still has Graham, Colston, Henderson, and Moore catching his passes.

Gerhart/Turbin: You could consider one of these guys if Peterson or Lynch is ruled out, but the Jaguars and Cardinals both have solid Ds.

Williams: Tampa Bay's planning to be a run-focused team, and Vincent Jackson, Dallas Clark, and Preston Parker could all vulture targets from Williams. Plus, I'd give Freeman at least a week to see how he bounces back from last season. I've read that the Bucs are growing more concerned about his accuracy issues.

Little: If the Browns game plan is to attack the Eagles' LBs and safeties, that sounds like a recipe for a lot of Little. Big risk is whether he and Weeden have been able to work through their timing issues.

Fleener: Bears D got roughed up by tight ends last year, and he obviously has the chemistry factor with Andrew Luck. Decent chance he'll get in the end zone, IMO.

Keep in mind that Seattle has a later start than the rest of the games, so if you plan on going with Turbin but Beast Mode ends up being active, you'll be pretty much SOL.

In your position, I'd probably go with Little or Fleener, but neither of them is any kind of lock.

I have a tough choice already with my flex position. 12 team league. Standard scoring.

Options:
- A Peterson, RB v. Jax (Latest news this morning is he will get 10-15 touches if he plays)
- B LaFell, WR v. TB (No. 2 option in what could be a shoot out)
- L Hankerson, WR v. NO (Skins likely playing catch up all game)

Active players in WR/RB slots:
- R Rice, RB
- T Richardson, RB
- D Bryant, WR
- T Young, WR
- T Smith, WR

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Hankerson is kinda lost in that offense with Garçon Morgan and moss ahead of him. Peterson will be limited, go with LaFell.

thanks for the advice, I'm still waiting till last minute. have Thomas starting right now

12 team league. 1/2 PPR. I need to pick 2 of the following:

- Ridley (vs Ten)
- Green-Ellis (vs Bal)
- Ben Tate (vs Miami)
- Heyward-Bey (vs. SD)

I'm thinking Tate and Ridley are my guys... Shane Vereen is ruled out in NE making Ridley the starter and Foster's knee is banged up in Houston, plus they are playing against terrible Miami. I'm not sure if I trust Heyward-Bey just yet and Green-Ellis has to deal with 2 major O-lineman out and the Baltimore run Defense... Can anyone talk me out of these choices?

Pierre Thomas
Toby Gerhart
Greg Little
Robert Turbin
Mike Williams (TB)
Coby Fleener

Who should I start

I go with Toby Gerhart, no question here. Pierre Thomas gets sporadic carries, Greg Little has to deal with Philly's man D and good secondary (plus a rookie QB), Turbin is the odd man out in Washington, and Mike Williams doesn't offer much upside (IMO) My only other thought would be Fleener, just b/c of his familiarity with Luck. I still say Gerhart is the way to go though...

Last edited:
Your good with Tate and Ridley. Good choices.

AP is playing so I'm thinking I'll stick with thomas

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."