• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cashius X

@CashiusX_
Reaction score
Fight this Friday. Floyd's undefeated record is on the line. Also worth noting that Maidana is the same guy who completely destroyed Floyd's dickrider, Adrien Broner.

Should be a good fight. I honestly don't know who will win and I have no preference.

Would be cool to see Floyd keep his undefeated record. He's cocky but he also puts in a lot of work into his craft and he truly knows that hard work is the only reason he has gotten as far as he has. With that being said though seeing Maidana win would also be cool. To beat Broner and Floyd, 2 undefeated fighters at the times of their respective fights, would really be impressive.

We'll see though. I've actually never seen a Mayweather fight so I'm pretty excited for it. For all the talk of boxing being dead their PPV events still garner a lot of attention. They still have some big-name talents left. Also really like the series they did for this pre-fight build up. Gives you a glimpse into what these guys are fighting for and some other shit.

[video=youtube;-NEZhvXt-j4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NEZhvXt-j4[/video]

If you want to keep watching the series, part 2 should be on the side with the other suggested videos.

I don't want Floyd to ever lose a fight. It'd be great if he'd retire with a perfect record.

I would like him to fight Pacquiao, though. But I don't blame him for demanding testing and wanting his fair share of the profits. I don't know why Manny thinks he deserves a 45/55 split when more than 60% of people would be tuning in to watch Mayweather. Shame that fight never happened and likely never will.

I don't want Floyd to ever lose a fight. It'd be great if he'd retire with a perfect record.

I would like him to fight Pacquiao, though. But I don't blame him for demanding testing and wanting his fair share of the profits. I don't know why Manny thinks he deserves a 45/55 split when more than 60% of people would be tuning in to watch Mayweather. Shame that fight never happened and likely never will.

From everything I'm hearing the Floyd/Pacquiao fight should happen around this time next year once Manny's contract with his promoter expires.

And by "everything I'm hearing" I mean of course everything I'm hearing from Stephen A Smith

And by Stephen A Smith I mean the same guy who has predicted this fight will occur every year for the past 5 years now :chuckles:

Seriously though, I think it'll happen this time around. What he was saying made perfect sense. Besides that though, this Maidana fight should be really good. Was impressed with how he beat Broner a while back and I can't wait to see how he fares against Floyd. Not to often in boxing that you get to see the best fight the best. Kinda why I prefer UFC...

[video=youtube;bHS93zn_yqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHS93zn_yqU[/video]

Sounds legit.

Is Floyd still being a bitch about the gloves? Is he going to fight?

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/5/3/5677712/mayweather-vs-maidana-glove-controversy-fight-off

I see where Floyd is coming from. It makes sense when you read the article. But if Maidana switched to gloves that were approved by the Boxing commision then there's nothing Floyd can do. Just fight. As far as whether or not the fight will still go on though...

Let's be real, though. This is a massive event which stands to net Mayweather somewhere in the neighborhood of $50,000,000. They're also completely on the hook if it falls through, given that the commission (again) has approved the stock Everlast gloves. The fight will almost certainly go on because there's too much to lose if it doesn't.

I think it will.

Broner really slammed Molina though...:chuckles:

Looking like he's about to catch another L

Edit: This guy is a clown lol. I'm starting to like him though. For all the dumb shit and antics he does he's actually really talented. Good fighter.

Last edited:
Adrien Broner is my new favorite boxer after that interview :chuckles:

I respect that.

Think Floyd won but that fight was awesome

I think he won too but it was closer than the judges had it imo. A rematch should hopefully happen.

I had it 116-112, but admittedly I was switching back and forth between this and the playoffs.

I do like how I see people saying things like "clearly Floyd slowing down..." well yea. That's what happens when you near 40.

[video=youtube;U4Uglpnt7mE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Uglpnt7mE[/video]

Lol this guy man. Shit had me rolling when I saw it live.

After finally watching a Mayweather fight I think he's an idiot. He promotes himself as "TBE" (The Best Ever) but he's not even close imo. He ran for the majority of the fight. He'll never touch Ali, Fraizer, Tyson, or any of the real all-time greats imo.

He's got a nice record but from watching him I know that he's not in the same league as the aformentioned guys.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;U4Uglpnt7mE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Uglpnt7mE[/video]

Lol this guy man. Shit had me rolling when I saw it live.

After finally watching a Mayweather fight I think he's an idiot. He promotes himself as "TBE" (The Best Ever) but he's not even close imo. He ran for the majority of the fight. He'll never touch Ali, Fraizer, Tyson, or any of the real all-time greats imo.

He's got a nice record but from watching him I know that he's not in the same league as the aformentioned guys.

Mayweather is 38 years old. All of the greats you mentioned lost more fights than the won after they hit 32, Mayweather is still undefeated.

Also all those guys are heavyweights, apples and oranges there too. Compare him to Sugar Ray or Duran, not heavyweights.

Mayweather is 38 years old. All of the greats you mentioned lost more fights than the won after they hit 32, Mayweather is still undefeated.

Also all those guys are heavyweights, apples and oranges there too. Compare him to Sugar Ray or Duran, not heavyweights.

Agreed, but when Floyd is talking about being "The Best Ever" that supersedes weight divisions. When you're talking about The Best Ever, like he is, I start comparing guys' respective styles and their intangibles and I don't think Floyd matches up to some of the best ever like the guys I listed above.

He's got a nice record but you have to also look at his opponents and take into account the fact that Floyd is known to have ducked some of the best competitors from time to time. The strength of his opponents, or lack of, is something that routinely gets brought up whenever people bring up his undefeated record.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."