• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Flying to the Moon

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
5b9235bb5c5e5254548b59f5-750-563.jpg

I was amazed at how jittery Musk sounded in the announcement. I guess ive never heard him speak before, i was expecting Steve Jobs type presentation and instead got a studdering version of Max Normal.

I was amazed at how jittery Musk sounded in the announcement. I guess ive never heard him speak before, i was expecting Steve Jobs type presentation and instead got a studdering version of Max Normal.

He showed youtuber MKBHD around the Telsa plant a couple weeks ago. I noticed the same thing. I had only seen clips of him speaking before.

He’s not remotely the speaker Steve jobs was. But he disrupts industries the way Steve did.

Flying to the moon?

He can't even meet production quotas on the Model 3.

Who’s going to be held responsible when this person dies?

Flying to the moon?

He can't even meet production quotas on the Model 3.

Tesla has the #1, #2, and #3 best selling electric cars in the country.

Among all cars sold in the US, the Model 3 outsells all other mid-sized premium sedans combined
DjjJ5bvUcAAveMG.jpg-large1.jpeg

The Model 3 is also the 5th best selling car in the US by units sold and #1 best selling car by revenue.
US-Best-Selling-Cars-in-August.png

The are kicking the butts of all of the established car companies and your criticism is they aren't building them fast enough?

As for SpaceX - 16 of the 23 US based launches this year were SpaceX rockets. Only China (24) has more launches than SpaceX thus far this year and SpaceX is scheduled to bump their number up to 30 by the end of the year.

Among all cars sold in the US, the Model 3 outsells all other mid-sized premium sedans combined

The Model 3 is also the 5th best selling car in the US by units sold and #1 best selling car by revenue.

The are kicking the butts of all of the established car companies and your criticism is they aren't building them fast enough?

As for SpaceX - 16 of the 23 US based launches this year were SpaceX rockets. Only China (24) has more launches than SpaceX thus far this year and SpaceX is scheduled to bump their number up to 30 by the end of the year.

Considering that the viability of the company hinges on the Model 3, yes production is a big deal.

And it isn’t just the raw numbers of the Model 3, it is the story behind why production isn’t near where it should be that is most pertinent with regard to Musk’s ability to manage his vast empire.

But I hope he succeeds.

Last edited:

That's a very long-winded way of not denying that Tesla has failed to meet production quotas.

Raw production numbers devoid of cost figures are meaningless. You could have the best-selling, highest-production car in the country and still be losing money hand over first of production costs are too high. That's the point of setting a production quota - it's the point at which you're selling enough cars to justify the production and capital costs.

That's a very long-winded way of not denying that Tesla has failed to meet production quotas.

Raw production numbers devoid of cost figures are meaningless. You could have the best-selling, highest-production car in the country and still be losing money hand over first of production costs are too high. That's the point of setting a production quota - it's the point at which you're selling enough cars to justify the production and capital costs.

That's a whole different discussion that what I answered. Tesla's focus this quarter has been reducing production costs so they can scale up production from there.

That's a whole different discussion that what I answered. Tesla's focus this quarter has been reducing production costs so they can scale up production from there.

The post that you were answering literally consisted of "He can't even meet production quotas on the Model 3." So if your answer was addressing things other than production quotas, you weren't actually answering that post at all.

Regardless, Tesla still missed the production quotas set by Tesla itself while trying to cut costs. Usually, you try to cut costs while at least maintaining production. If you manage to meet your cost goal but can't meet production goals, you've still got the same problem because they're two sides of the exact same coin. Increase hours worked and overtime to hit production quotas, and costs go up. Reduce hours and worked and overtime to meet costs goals, and production drops. The underlying issue -- efficiency -- is the same.

The post that you were answering literally consisted of "He can't even meet production quotas on the Model 3." So if your answer was addressing things other than production quotas, you weren't actually answering that post at all.

Regardless, Tesla still missed the production quotas set by Tesla itself while trying to cut costs. Usually, you try to cut costs while at least maintaining production. If you manage to meet your cost goal but can't meet production goals, you've still got the same problem because they're two sides of the exact same coin. Increase hours worked and overtime to hit production quotas, and costs go up. Reduce hours and worked and overtime to meet costs goals, and production drops. The underlying issue -- efficiency -- is the same.

there are other issues, like removing bottlenecks so that people are more efficient with the time you are paying them to work.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."